Beverage Container Recycling Grant and Payment Programs
City/County Payment Program
The Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle) administers a program to provide opportunities for beverage container recycling. The goal of this program is to reach and maintain an 80 percent recycling rate for all California Refund Value (CRV) beverage containers - aluminum, glass, plastic and bi-metal. Projects implemented by cities and counties will assist in reaching and maintaining this goal.
Pursuant to Public Resources Code Section 14581(a)(4)(A) of the California Beverage Container Recycling and Litter Reduction Act, the Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle) is distributing $10,500,000 to eligible cities and counties specifically for beverage container recycling and litter cleanup activities.
Funding Request Materials for FY 2012/13. Funding request due date is March 4, 2013.
- 2011-2012 Funding History (PDF, 98 KB)
- 2010-2011 Funding History (PDF, 96 KB)
- 2009-2010 Funding History (PDF, 212 KB)
- 2008-2009 Funding History (PDF, 203 KB)
- 2007-2008 Funding History (PDF, 184 KB)
- 2006-2007 Funding History (PDF, 196 KB)
- 2005-2006 Funding History (PDF, 195 KB)
- 2004-2005 Funding History (PDF, 27 KB)
- 2003-2004 Funding History (PDF, 26 KB)
- 2001-2002 and 2002-2003 Funding History (PDF, 238 KB)
- 2000-2001 Funding History (PDF, 194 KB)
- 1999-2000 Funding History (PDF, 19 KB)
Beverage Container Recycling Grants, http://www.calrecycle.ca.gov/BevContainer/Grants/