Beverage Container Recycling Program
- Learn about the new precertification training and exam requirements for recycling centers and processors.
Primary topics for Recyclers are in the menu to your left. Additional resources are listed below.
- Learn how to report fraudulent recycling activities
Container Recycling Program Locator (updated continuously)
Beverage Container Programs searchable data: Recyclers, Processors, Dropoff or Collection Programs, Community Service Programs, Curbside Programs, Agencies.
- Convenience Zone
(CZ) & Recycling Center (RC) Status Report
This is the master list of all active convenience zones, listing the recycling center in the zone when applicable. In cases where there are multiple recyclers in a single zone, that zone (“instance”) number will be listed once for each recycling center. Information will display in alphabetical and numerical order by county, city, and zone/instance number. You may also sort by individual column headings, such as “City” or “Instance Status” by selecting the column heading. This report can be exported to Excel (see bottom of grid), or you can generate a formatted PDF report (see button at upper right of grid). Learn more about convenience zones.
- Informational Flier: Change to the Daily Load Limits Allowed to be Redeemed at Certified Recycling Centers by Consumers (English)
- Folleto Informacional: Nuevos Límites de Carga Diarios que Consumidores Podrán Redimir en Centros de Reciclaje Certificados (Spanish)
- Informational Flier: CRV Only--It’s the Law (English)
- Folleto Informaciónal: Solamente CRV--Es la Ley (Spanish)
- Beverages Subject to California Refund Value (CRV)--Informational Flyer: Color | Black & White
- Bebidas Surjetas al Pago de Reembolso de California (CRV): Folleto en color | Folleto en blanco y negro
- Weights and Measures Recycler Fact Sheet (PDF, 91 KB) (8/6/08)
- The 12 Most Common Errors Made By Recyclers
- Starting a Recycling Business
- Recycler Operating & Recordkeeping Manual
- Investigations Advisory Newsletter (PDF, 172 KB) (3/14/08)
- Predatory Pricing Q & A (PDF, 24 KB) (Updated 8/26/14)
- Predatory Pricing Complaint Form (CalRecycle 862) (PDF, 154 KB) (Updated 11/5/15)
- Penalties for Unfair Recycling Competition (PDF, 16 KB) (8/17/07)
- Unfair Predatory Pricing (PDF, 39 KB) (8/17/07)
Visit the Beverage Container Recycling Program's Official Notices page for communications related to:
- Certified Recycling Centers
- Commingled Rates
- Convenience Zones
- Handling Fees
- Payment by Count
- Redemption of the "Plastic Can" Beverage Container
- Recycler Operating and Recordkeeping Workshop Schedule Posted: December 31, 2014.
- DORIIS for Recyclers Workshop Schedule (PDF, 460 KB) Posted: September 27, 2013. Revised November 25, 2013. Workshop dates: October & November 2013.
- Second in a series of Beverage Container Recycling Program Reform Workshops (PDF, 188 KB) Posted: August 10, 2012. Workshop date: August 21, 2012.
- Beverage Container Recycling Program Reform Workshop (PDF, 195 KB) Posted: July 5, 2012. Workshop date: July 10, 2012.
- Workshop Announcement: Requirements for Handling Fee Recipients (PDF, 239 KB) Posted: May 14, 2012. Workshop date: June 14, 2012
- Upcoming Public Workshop #3: Consumer Transaction Load Limits (PDF, 270 KB) January 30, 2012
- Upcoming Public Workshop #2: Consumer Transaction Load Limits (PDF, 184 KB) October 26, 2011
- Workshop on Regulatory Changes, Curbside Registration Renewal, and Fraud Prevention Program (PDF, 192 KB). March
- Curbside Program Registration and Renewal Workshop (Presentation, PDF, 679 KB)
- Regulatory Changes (Presentation, PDF, 951 KB) March 9, 2010
- Overview/Status of Division of Recycling Fraud Prevention Program (Presentation, PDF, 177 KB)
Beverage Container Recyclers, http://www.calrecycle.ca.gov/BevContainer/Recyclers/