- Business & Industry Home
- Public Notices: Decisions, Awards, & Workshops
- Data Central
- Laws & Regulations
Grow Your Business: Financial and Market Development Assistance
CalRecycle promotes the job creation, waste reduction and greenhouse gas reduction benefits of recycling by offering financial and technical assistance to help recycled-content manufacturers, organics (composting, anaerobic digestion, etc.) and reuse/recycling-based businesses develop and prosper in California. Related assistance ranges from locating manufacturing materials – feedstock and providing permitting referral to running demographic, waste stream and economic analytics by geographical area and product marketing through RecycleStore. These services are provided in concert with related business assistance programs offered by other state agencies and organizations.
CalRecycle staff assist reuse- and recycling-based businesses directly. Contact the CalRecycle staff and local recycling coordinator for your city or county.
General Funding and Assistance
- Greenhouse Gas Reduction Grants and Loans
- Recycling Market Development Zone (RMDZ) Program
- Tire Incentive Program
- Rural Funding
- Search the CoolCalifornia.org Funding Wizard
- The Governor's Economic Development Initiative (GEDI): Three tax incentives: Manufacturing Sales Tax Exemption, New Employment Credit, and the California Competes Tax Credit for business attraction, expansion and retention.
- California Pollution Control Financing Authority (Bond)
- California Capital Access Program
- Collateral Support Program
- Community Development Block Grant Program
- Manufacturing Extension Partnership
- State Loan Guarantee Program
- California Energy Commission: Alternative and Renewable Fuels and Vehicle Technology Program (Biofuels)
These and other business resources are available in the California Workforce Investment Board’s Business Services Resources Catalog (PDF, 148 KB) as well as the Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development’s California Investment Guide (PDF, 489 KB).
Market Development Assistance
- Compost Market Development
- Tire Recycling and Business Assistance Resources
- Conversion Technology
- Marketing Environmentally Preferred Products to California State Agencies