Facility Information Toolbox (FacIT)
The Facility Information Toolbox (FacIT) is a facility inventory of California's solid waste handling, recycling, and market infrastructure, and a capacity projection model. The facility inventory includes primary processors (transfer stations, materials recovery facilities, compost facilities, etc.) and secondary processors (recycled feedstock producers, recycled product manufacturers, etc.), emerging technology facilities, disposal facilities, and some primary collection facilities. The capacity model predicts future waste amounts and the need for new recycling and solid waste facilities in California.
FacIT will continue to develop as facility participation improves data quality. CalRecycle will update the system based on needs and stakeholder feedback.
- Data Search and Tools
- About the Project/Data
- Facility Data Updates
- Facility Data Reports
CalRecycle Staff-Assisted, Custom Data Reports
If you cannot find the data you need in the Data Search and Tools above, you can request a report on the Data Products page. CalRecycle staff will analyze your data request to determine if it can, in fact, be met with FacIT data and, if so, develop a custom report for you. The results will be in MS Excel format.
If you did not find the data you want in FacIT, try these other resources:
- Data Central:
An information hub that provides quick access to a variety of CalRecycle and other data sources, including:
- Other CalRecycle databases: Descriptions of, and links to, other databases with facility- or recycled materials-related information
- Other state and federal agencies: Links to webpages for environmental-related agencies.
- Local Governments: Links to webpages for local and regional materials collection and other recycling/waste-related information.
- Local Government Central: Links to webpages for all aspects of integrated waste management issues and other recycling/waste-related information.
- CalRecycle Home Page: Search the entire CalRecycle website for topics of interest.
CalRecycle is interested in maintaining the most accurate data in the FacIT inventory. Please send any comments/information to the FacIT inbox.