To assist its customers, CalRecycle has made collections of free, electronic clip art available on its website. Use the links on the left to view the current collections. Please note that use of this artwork is subject to copyright guidelines (see "Artwork).
The images are available in a variety of formats, depending on the collection. Other than CalRecycle logos (see below), you can generally download the image files (in several formats) or right click on the image to save the version shown on the page. See below to learn which file format will best meet your needs
Image Format Guidelines
Following is some general guidance about which formats are best for specific purposes.
- GIF format: Best format for use on Web pages for graphics with blocks of color (e.g., clip art and drawings). Small file size, it will not resize well.
- JPG format: Best format for use on Web pages for photographs or artwork that includes shading or blending. Small file size, it will not resize well.
- TIFF format: Bit-mapped graphics format. Very good for printed material at current or reduced image size. You will lose clarity if you enlarge more than slightly.
- WMF format: Vector graphics format. Very good for printed material used within Microsoft Windows applications, especially if you need to significantly enlarge the image size.
- EPS format: Vector graphics format. Very good for printed material especially if you need to significantly enlarge the image size.
To request permission to use the CalRecycle logo and receive copies of image files, please contact the Office of Public Affairs (see page footer below for contact information). For additional information about using CalRecycle materials, visit the department's Copyright Information page.
In general, the department allows the use of its logo when the following apply:
- Use of the logo is intended to promote the goals of CalRecycle.
- Use of the logo will not take CalRecycle’s messages out of context.
- Use of the logo will not compromise or undermine the appearance and/or credibility of CalRecycle.
- Use of the logo will not impair or favor one individual or company over another.
- Text accompanying the logo clearly indicates whether or not CalRecycle was involved in the production of the materials for which the logo is being used.
Any use of the CalRecycle logo should respect the original logo proportions and colors so as not to compromise image quality.
White stacked and horizontal logos for use on colored backgrounds are also available.