Site Information and Disclaimers
- Statement of Purpose
- Whom to Contact
- External Links Policy
- Information Collection Policies
- Copyright Information
- Browser Support
- Conditional Services
The California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle) maintains this website to enhance public access to information and services provided by CalRecycle.
CalRecycle's goals for the website include:
- Provide timely and convenient access to CalRecycle publications and information about all of CalRecycle's programs.
- Reduce waste generation and increase the productivity and effectiveness of CalRecycle staff through electronic dissemination of CalRecycle documents and other information.
- Through the use of external links, provide CalRecycle website users with convenient access to other resources available on the Internet.
- Make effective use of current and evolving Internet technologies to maximize benefits to CalRecycle's clients and help California achieve 50 percent diversion of its waste from landfills.
- Provide an archive of past program activities for the use of the public and CalRecycle staff.
Questions about the content of a specific portion of the CalRecycle website should be referred to the contact listed in the footer of that page.
Questions about the general content of the CalRecycle website should be directed to the Public Affairs Office at (916) 341-6300.
Questions about the technical aspects of the site should be e-mailed to the CalRecycle Webmaster.
Content and Liability Disclaimer
The California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle) shall not be responsible for any errors or omissions contained at this Website, and reserves the right to make changes without notice. Accordingly, all CalRecycle and any third party information is provided "AS IS." CalRecycle provides no warranty, either expressed or implied, as the accuracy, reliability, or completeness of furnished data. If you find any errors or omissions, we encourage you to report them to the contact listed in the footer of that web page.
CALRECYCLE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THE INFORMATION PROVIDED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS.
In no event shall CalRecycle be liable for any damages whatsoever, and in particular CalRecycle shall not be liable for special, indirect, consequential, or incidental damages, or damages for lost profits, loss of revenue, or loss of use, arising out of or related to the CalRecycle website or the information contained in it, whether such damages arise in contract, negligence, tort, under statute, in equity, at law, or otherwise.
User agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless CalRecycle and its respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from and against all claims and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising out of the use of the CalRecycle website.
Disclaimer of Endorsement
Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, does not constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the State of California or CalRecycle.
Disclaimer of Duty to Continue Provision of the Data
Due to the dynamic nature of the Internet, resources that are free and publicly available one day may require a fee or restricted access the next, and the location of items may change as menus, home pages, and files are reorganized. User expressly agrees that use of CalRecycle's website is at the user's sole risk. Neither the CalRecycle nor any of its respective employees warrant that the service will be uninterrupted or error free.
Any information provided to CalRecycle in connection with the CalRecycle website shall be provided by the submitter and received by CalRecycle on a nonconfidential basis. CalRecycle shall be free to use such information on an unrestricted basis.
External Websites Linking to This Website
Other websites are invited to include links to the CalRecycle website. While we appreciate it if you let us know (firstname.lastname@example.org) who you are and what part of our site you are linking to, permission is not required. If you want to use our logo when you link to us, please read our CalRecycle logos web page, which explains how to request permission to use our logo and displays some sample logos.
Links to External Websites
The California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle) is a public agency of the State of California. As such, CalRecycle must avoid any impropriety, or appearance of impropriety, in terms of the information or external links available on its website.
CalRecycle may, at its discretion, create links to other Websites that meet the following criteria.
- The external link will assist CalRecycle in fulfilling its mission.
- The external link will provide information of value to CalRecycle customers.
- The organization being linked to is not engaged in any legal or enforcement proceedings with CalRecycle.
- The external website is managed in a professional manner (i.e., fully operational and available most of the time, etc.).
- If the external website is a commercial site, the site owner is either an active partner in one of CalRecycle's programs, or supplies information or products that support the principles of integrated waste management.
- The external website does not contain information that would offend common standards of decency and propriety.
CalRecycle will remove any external link that does not continue to meet these criteria.
External links do not imply any State of California or California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle) endorsement of the opinions or ideas expressed therein, or guarantee the validity of the information provided. The user specifically acknowledges CalRecycle is not liable for the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of other users, links, or third parties and that the risk of injury from the foregoing rests entirely with the user.
CalRecycle reserves the right to modify these criteria and add/delete links based upon the modification at any time and without notice.
Some pages on this site collect information directly from individuals who volunteer to use our services. Collection of this information is required to deliver the specific services, but use of these services is voluntary.
If you do nothing during your visit to the website but browse or download information, some pages may automatically collect and store the following information about your visit:
- The Internet Protocol (IP) address and domain name used, but not the email address. The IP address is a numerical identifier assigned either to your Internet service provider or directly to your computer. We use the IP address to direct Internet traffic to you and generate statistics used in the management of this site.
- The type of browser and operating system you used.
- The date and time you visited this site.
- The web pages or services you accessed at this site.
- The website you visited prior to coming to this website.
- The website you visit as you leave this website.
- If you downloaded a form, the form that was downloaded.
The information we automatically collect or store is used to improve the content of our web services and to help us understand how people are using our services. This information does not identify you personally and is used for gathering website statistics. The information we automatically collect and store in our logs about your visit helps us to analyze our website to continually improve the value of the materials available. Our website logs do not identify a visitor by personal information, and we make no attempt to link other websites with the individuals that browse this website.
Government Code Section 11015.5.(a)(6) prohibits all State agencies from distributing or selling any electronically collected personal information, as defined above, about users to any third party without the permission of the user. The State does not sell any "electronically collected personal information." Any distribution of "electronically collected personal information" will be solely for the purposes for which it was provided to us.
The State may provide or distribute certain lists and statistical reports of regulatory information as provided by law, but no personal information is sold or distributed, and all relevant legal protections still apply to the State's websites.
Download the latest browser versions here: