Local Enforcement Agency (LEA) & Facility Operator Training
2008 Solid Waste Permit Process and CEQA Refresher Training Videos
This two-day training highlighted the solid waste facility (SWF) permit process with emphasis on the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) linkages on the website and was offered to local enforcement agencies (LEA), Integrated Waste Management Board (now CalRecycle) staff, solid waste facility operators, planners, and consultants. The training was done in partnership with volunteers from various county environmental health LEAs and CIWMB staff using PowerPoint presentations and group activities to engage the audience and provide an interesting and informational training.
Before accessing the following videos, you may wish to review the Video Viewing Requirements.
- Block 1: Overview (4:36 minutes)
- Block 4: SWFP Application Process (18:09 minutes)
- Block 5: New Full Permit Process (17:37 minutes)
- Block 6: Receiving/Processing the Full Permit Application (14:39 minutes)
- Block 7: Informational Meetings (19:23 minutes)
- Block 8: Five Year Permit Review (9:23 minutes)
- Block 9: Minor Change, RFI Amendment, Modified Permit Process, & Revised Permit Process (18:30 minutes)
- Block 10: Owner/Operator Change and Exemptions to a Permit (8:52 minutes)
The CEQA training was conducted almost exclusively using group exercises. The group exercises did not get video recorded. Therefore, this video training does not provide detailed training on CEQA. References provided in this training for CEQA include:
- California Environmental Resources Evaluation System (CERES)--an information system developed by the California Natural Resources Agency to facilitate access to a variety of electronic data describing California's rich and diverse environments.
- A compact disc (CD) was provided to all participants containing the 2008 CEQA and SWF Permit Process Training Manual and Appendices. If you would like to receive a copy of this CD, please contact the CIWMB's LEA Support Services at (916) 341-6400.
The videos on this page play through an Adobe Flash Player. Visit the Adobe website to get the free Adobe Flash Player. To view the videos and for the best viewing experience, you'll need:
- A broadband Internet connection.
- The latest version of Adobe Flash Player.