Ralph Hunter Memorial Award
This award recognizes an individual who has made a major impact to LEA/solid program implementation by development of a special or new program, involvement with educational activities, involvement on committees and/or workgroups, involvement in the permitting and/or enforcement process, or any special achievement which enhances protection of public health and other environmental health principles through the LEA program.
The award was proposed by Greg Pirie of the Napa County LEA and is named to honor the late Ralph Hunter, former Director of the Napa County LEA Program. LEAs throughout the state can select nominees for the award by submitting nomination applications (PDF, 26 KB | Excel, 26 KB) to the EAC. The EAC reviews the applications received using the criteria specified in the eligibility information and selects the award winner on an annual basis. The Chair of the EAC presents the award each year.
- 2012: Ricardo M. Serrano, County of Solano LEA
- 2011: William E. Prinz, City of San Diego LEA
- 2010: Rebecca Lafreniere, County of San Diego LEA
- 2009: Lori Braunesreither, Contra Costa County LEA
- 2008: Patti Henshaw, Orange County LEA
- 2007: Greg Pirie, Napa County LEA
- 2006: Bob Swift, Sonoma County LEA
- 2005: Tammy Derby, Sacramento County LEA
- 2004: Mike Schmaeling, Santa Barbara County LEA