Local Government Central
Electronic Annual Report
Sign in to LoGIC Log In
The Electronic Annual Report letter was sent out for the 2011 report year to all Annual Report filers and Interested Parties in May 2012.
Dear Annual Report Filer/Interested Party:
Jurisdictions will be able to access and begin completing their 2011 EAR beginning on or about June 15, 2012 (an e-mail notice will be sent once the EAR becomes available). The due date for the 2011 EAR is August 1, 2012.
The EAR is part of a performance measurement system that considers factors such as a jurisdiction's program implementation and its per capita disposal rate in determining compliance with AB 939. For a complete explanation of the measurement system, please read: www.calrecycle.ca.gov/LGCentral/GoalMeasure/default.htm
Changes for 2011: On January 12, 2010, the California Building Standards Commission adopted the State's 2010 Green Building Code. Included in the Code are new requirements for construction waste management for several types of occupancies. Effective January 1, 2011, all new construction projects are required to:
1) develop a waste management plan, and
2) divert 50% of the projects waste from disposal. The Code provides that local C&D ordinances will be the ruling guidance provided they are as stringent as the State Code. The Code also provides an exemption for jurisdictions without adequate infrastructure. Note that this does not apply to demolition projects.
This website, which contains frequently asked questions, might also be of assistance: www.calrecycle.ca.gov/LGCentral/Library/CandDModel/Instruction/FAQ.htm#GreenBuild .
To assist in state verification of compliance with the State's 2010 Green Building Code requirement, which took effect January 1, 2011, a new "Program Details" check box labeled "Green building ordinance" was added to the Ordinances Diversion Program (Program Code: 6020-PI-ORD) in the 2011 EAR.
The EAR continues to be a secure, easy, and flexible way to meet your AB 939 reporting requirements.
- Security: All data sent to the EAR is protected by encryption while passing over the internet. Only you and your Local Assistance and Market Development (LAMD) representative can see your draft report.
- Ease of use: The EAR guides you step-by-step through the
annual report filing process. As you complete each
required section, the report provides a visual cue that the
section is complete. When you have completed all of the
required sections, you are allowed to submit the report directly
- NOTE: If your jurisdiction was approved as a Good Faith Effort (GFE) during the last Jurisdiction Review cycle, please do not use the EZ feature in the EAR. Program implementation details will be a critical component of CalRecycle staff review to assess your compliance with the AB939 requirements.
- Flexibility: Once you begin filling out the EAR, you may return as often as needed to finish your report. You can print a convenient report summary to gain the necessary internal approvals for your filing, and then return to the EAR to make any needed changes before submitting it to CalRecycle.
You must file your EAR using the Local Government Information Center (LoGIC) reporting system. If the LoGIC system is new to you or you've forgotten your Web pass word or need more assistance, please visit www.calrecycle.ca.gov/LGCentral/MyLogic/ for a complete list of security and annual report help.
Thank you for your ongoing commitment to implementing programs for reducing, reusing and recycling. It is our collaborative efforts that truly benefit all of California. If you have any questions concerning the Electronic Annual Report please contact your LAMD representative at (916) 341-6199. You may also look-up your rep. at: www.calrecycle.ca.gov/LGCentral/Reports/Contacts.aspx.