Trash Cutters Awards
Award Categories for Programs
There are 14 award categories for the Trash Cutters Program:
- Organics Management: To recognize exemplary programs that effectively divert the organic portion of the waste stream.
- C&D Debris Management: To recognize exemplary programs that effectively divert building and other construction and demolition debris from the waste stream.
- Creative Partnerships: To recognize waste prevention and diversion programs that exemplify cooperation and coordination between public/public or public/private entities.
- Innovation: To recognize unique and original ideas, approaches, and technologies in implementing diversion programs.
- Public Information: To recognize public awareness strategies and public information programs that resulted in increased waste reduction and recycling program participation.
- Schools: To recognize school district programs that combine classroom education with hands-on waste reduction, reuse, and recycling activities, using student participation.
- Waste Prevention: To recognize effective efforts to institute reduction and reuse programs, including public awareness activities.
- Recycling: To recognize comprehensive recycling programs that include goal setting, strong education efforts, evaluation methods, and cost-effectiveness.
- Procurement: To recognize local government efforts to purchase and require the use of recycled-content products.
- Rural Waste Reduction: To recognize effective and sustainable waste reduction programs in areas with county populations less than 250,000.
- Urban Waste Reduction: To recognize effective and sustainable waste reduction programs in areas with county populations greater than or equal to 250,000.
- Regional Waste Reduction: To recognize effective and sustainable waste reduction programs implemented by a Board-approved regional agency, or implemented cooperatively by two or more jurisdictions.
- Waste Reduction at High Volume Sites: To recognize exemplary waste reduction programs at local venues that have mass public attendance such as convention centers, museums, parks, etc.
- Green Building: To recognize effective and sustainable green building designs, programs and/or projects that are ecological, energy saving and/or resource efficient.
Local Assistance & Market Development: LAMD@calrecycle.ca.gov (916) 341-6199