Organic Materials Management
Digesting Urban Organics Residuals (DUOR): A Forum on Technology, Economics & Permitting
May 30, 2012
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Time)
Byron Sher Auditorium "2nd Floor"
Cal/EPA Headquarters Building
1001 I Street
Sacramento, CA 95812
This full day event was designed for jurisdictions considering Anaerobic Digestion (AD) projects for the organic fraction of their urban waste stream. The forum showcased project implementation progress in California, and highlighted the benefits and challenges of AD technology.
Building on successful AD workshops of November 2009 and April 2010, the program included case studies, permitting pathways, technology options and financing. The event was organized in collaboration with the California Biomass Collaborative, the California Organic Recycling Council, and the City of San Jose.
To receive event updates, sign up for the CalRecycle Technology listserv.
Please contact Jacques Franco if you have questions.
Anaerobic Digestion Resources
- Current Anaerobic Digestion Technologies Used for Treatment of Municipal Organic Solid Waste, March 2008
- Conversion Technologies Status Update Survey, April 2009
- Evaluation of MSW Conversion Technologies, County & City of Santa Barbara (PDF, 22 MB), April 2008.
- Los Angeles County Conversion Technologies Evaluation Report (PDF, 8.1 MB)
- Biofuels from Municipal Wastes--Background Discussion Paper (PDF, 408 KB), March 2007
- Summary Report: Evaluation of Alternative Solid Waste Treatment Technologies (PDF, 903 KB), September 2005
- Feasibility of Generating Green Power through Anaerobic Digestion of Garden Refuse from the Sacramento Area (PDF, 3.4 MB), April 2005.
- EPA Co-Digestion Economic Analysis Tool (CoEAT)
The Listserv Archive Search contains past Technology news.
Conversion Technologies http://www.calrecycle.ca.gov/Organics/Conversion/