Decisions Pending and Opportunities for Public Participation
The California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle), and its predecessors, have always placed a high priority on conducting its operations in an open, transparent manner and providing opportunities for interested stakeholders to participate in our decision-making processes. This page and linked information will enable you to stay informed about ongoing activities, upcoming decisions, and opportunities to provide input for our Department's programs.
A listing of all new solid waste facility and waste tire facility permits, temporary permits, permit revisions and permit modifications, and related documents are available for review.
Grants, Payments, Loan Proposals and Awards
A listing of all grant/loan criteria, payments, Notices of Funding Availability (NOFA), and recently approved grants, payments, and loans.
- Pending actions within next 60 days
- Actions taken within past 60 days
- All grant/payment/loan actions
Workshops, Meetings and Other Events
- Monthly Meetings--agendas, documents, and other information for upcoming meetings conducted by CalRecycle.
- Stakeholder Workshops--agendas and documents for upcoming workshops, such as new policy or program initiatives or program updates. Note: these may be held after the Monthly Meetings or on separate dates.
- Division of Recycling
- Materials Management and Local Assistance Division
- Waste Permitting, Compliance, and Mitigation Division
- Regulation Development Meetings and Workshops--notices and documents that are part of informal and formal regulation development activities. Note: these may be held as part of the Monthly Program Meetings or on separate dates.
- Events Calendar--listing of public events, workshops, and/or meetings that CalRecycle either participates in or sponsors.
- Public Notices
- CalRecycle Public Noticing Site--searchable database of all notices of departmental decisions and opportunities for stakeholder input.
- Beverage Container Program Official Notices--listing of notices sent out to Beverage Container Recycling Program stakeholders.
- Enforcement Agency Public Notices--various enforcement agency (EA) public notices related to solid waste facility activities. Some are legally required and others are provided as information.
- Appeals or enforcement hearings—including notices and information on how to participate in the hearing
- Clean-ups—listing of recent actions taken related to “CalRecycle-managed” remediations or solid waste disposal site clean-ups.
- Electronic Waste (E-waste)—listing of hearing officer decisions, proposed rate/fee adjustments, appeals of revocations/adjustments, and other actions.
- Jurisdiction and State Agency Plans/Reports/Compliance
Laws and Regulations Relevant to Current Public Proceedings
- Regulations--approved regulations pertaining to waste management and beverage container recycling
- Statutes--California laws relating to integrated waste management
Submit Your Comments on Draft Regulations
Information on how to submit comments on draft/proposed regulations is posted at the appropriate time on the web page for each rulemaking. Each CalRecycle-proposed regulatory change has a page on this site with detailed information about the process, including current status, staff contact, notices, affected laws, text of proposed changes, public meetings and other opportunities for input, and how to submit comments. See the Rulemaking Update for a listing of current rulemaking packages and whether they are currently open for public comment.
- Gift to Agency (Form 801), Carpet America Recovery Effort, April 22-26, 2013. If you require assistance in obtaining access to this form, call the Legal Office at (916) 341-6080 or email Elliot Block.
- Gift to Agency (Form 801): EPR, January 16-18, 2013. If you require assistance in obtaining access to this form, call the Legal Office at (916) 341-6080 or email Elliot Block.
- Gift to Agency (Form 801): Zero Waste Negotiations, January 16, 2013. If you require assistance in obtaining access to this form, call the Legal Office at (916) 341-6080 or email Elliot Block.
- Gift to Agency (Form 801): Battery Recycling Summit, April 6, 2011. If you require assistance in obtaining access to this form, call the Legal Office at (916) 341-6080 or email Elliot Block.