Submitting Products to Recyclestore
To showcase your recycled-content products in the RecycleStore, you must be a manufacturer located in one of California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery's (CalRecycle) Recycling Market Development Zones (RMDZ) and must be diverting California generated waste. You can use the RMDZ zone map to determine if your business is in a zone, or contact your local Recycling Market Development Zone Administrator.
Participating manufacturers will need to provide some general information about their business and generally should have at least an email address so Recyclestore can refer customers to your business. Then you will need to provide information about your products and ideally one or more photos using the photo guidelines listed below.
General guidelines for product photos
The following guidelines are offered to help you present the best possible image of your products in the RecycleStore. Remember, the best advertisement for your product is a great picture!
- Color images only.
- Four images are allowed per product.
- Show only one product per image.
- The image for the catalog page should display only your product. Use other items sparingly and only if they demonstrate how the product can be used.
- The product image should be taken close-up and fill the image.
- Take the photograph at the angle that best displays the features of your product.
- The three remaining images can be used to demonstrate how your product is used or other features you wish to highlight.
- Images should be bright and clear.
- Use simple backgrounds that will add to, not distract from, your photograph.
- Images should be in jpg format.
- Images displayed on the RecycleStore are formatted to a maximum size of 250 pixels by 250 pixels.
If you have additional questions, please contact us!