Habitat for Humanity ReStore, Tulare County
A division of Habitat for Humanity of Tulare County, the ReStore opened August 14, 2003. The ReStore's mission is three-fold:
- Divert usable building material from the landfill;
- Recycle building materials by selling them to the general public at low prices; and,
- Use the profits of the ReStore to build Habitat houses in Tulare County.
The ReStore accepts donations of usable building materials during the stores hours of operations Monday through Saturday. From April 2003 to April 2004 alone, the ReStore diverted 129 tons of building materials.
- Cabinets and Cabinet Doors
- Ceramic Tile
- Countertops and Vanity Tops
- Doors--Interior, Exterior, Closet, French, and Bi-fold
- Electrical Materials and Supplies
- Light Fixtures and Ceiling Fans
- Paint--Full Cans Only
- Plumbing Materials and Supplies
- Roofing Materials
- Tools--Hand and Power
- Windows and Patio Doors--Dual Pane Only
Source of Materials
All materials are donated and donors receive a receipt for tax purposes. Habitat for Humanity of Tulare County is a 501(c)(3) organization and all donations are tax deductible.
Donations in Visalia and surrounding areas can be picked up if they can fit in a pick-up truck. Large donations (on pallets) can sometimes be picked up using a 48-foot moving van. Call to schedule pick-up of donations and to talk to the ReStore Manager, Diane Vessels.
Geographic Service Area
Days/Hours of Operation
Tuesday-Saturday: 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Diane Vessels, ReStore Manager
715 South Bridge Street
Visalia, California 93277