Local Government Waste Tire Cleanup and Amnesty Grant Programs
These grant programs provide funding for the cost of cleanup, abatement, or other remedial actions related to the disposal of waste tires collected at cleanup projects and amnesty events. California jurisdictions including cities, counties, special districts, other political subdivisions and jurisdictions joined together by formal agreements, as well as California Indian tribes are eligible to apply. Cities or counties may submit a regional application with authorization from other cities and/or counties participating in the regional application.
Previously offered together as one grant program, the Waste Tire Cleanup Grant and the Waste Tire Amnesty Grants have been separated. The Waste Tire Cleanup Grant Program will be offered every two years, beginning in 2012, in even years and the Waste Tire Amnesty Grant will be offered every two years in odd years. Each program will have a two-year grant term.
Waste Tire Cleanup grants include:
- Funds for the collection, removal, transportation, recycling, and disposal of waste tires from illegal tire piles and areas where illegal dumping has occurred along public right-of-ways.
Waste Tire Amnesty grants include:
- Funds for date-specific events for the public and are not intended for the disposal of waste tires from waste tire generating businesses (PRC §42954(7)). Amnesty events 1) allow citizens to bring waste tires to convenient locations for proper management up to twice per month per location or 2) can consist of a coupon program that allows citizens to bring in waste tires on specified days.
Local Government Waste Tire Cleanup Grant due date for fiscal year (FY) 2016-17 application: March 3, 2016
Application materials for the Local Government Waste Tire Amnesty Grant, (FY) 2017-18, will tentatively be available winter 2016.
Note: "TA" followed by a number is the cycle code for the Local
Government Waste Tire Amnesty Grant Program.
Note: "TCU" followed by a number is the cycle code for the Local Government Waste Tire Cleanup Grant Program.
- Local Government Waste Tire Amnesty Grant Program Cycles
- Local Government Waste Tire Cleanup Grant Program Cycles
- Local Government Waste Tire Cleanup and Amnesty Event Grant Program Cycles
(Tire Cleanup and Amnesty Event Grants were offered together from FY 2005-06 through FY 2010-11.)
If you have questions that are program specific, please contact Jill Hayashida