Products and Uses
Tires recycled in California are used to produce tire shreds and crumbs for new products, recycled in rubberized asphalt concrete (RAC), used in civil engineering applications, or combusted as fuel.
The following lists provide you information on the producers and suppliers of tire shreds and crumbs, and products manufactured from recycled tires.
- Tire Business Assistance Program. This page serves as a portal to a variety of services and resources for businesses who either process used tires or produce tire-derived products using California waste tires.
- Tire-Derived Product Suppliers. This list includes suppliers for products such as floor mats, drain pipe, mulch, office supplies, and surfacing.
- Tire Shredders and Crumb Rubber Producers. This list includes California companies that make tire shreds or crumbs from waste tires. The shreds or crumbs are used to make a variety of products.
- Rubberized Asphalt Concrete (RAC). This site describes the benefits of using RAC as a road paving material and lists the grants and other technical assistance and training available to local jurisdictions.
- Tire-Derived Aggregate (TDA). This site reviews the wide range of public works projects and other civil engineering applications for TDA, including slope stabilization, retaining wall backfill, lightweight embankment fill, vibration mitigation, various landfill applications, and more.
Search the California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery's (CalRecycle) recycled-content product directory to find a complete list of products made from waste tires and other recycled materials.
Disclaimer: CalRecycle makes no warranty, express or implied, and assumes no liability for the information provided in this website. References to individual businesses and their commercial products do not constitute an endorsement by CalRecycle. The information contained in this website is not complete, and is provided as a convenience to our website visitors and for informational purposes only.