Beverage Container Recycling
Registration for Beverage Distributors & Manufacturers
Distributors and manufacturers of beverages covered by the California Beverage Container Recycling and Litter Reduction Act are required to register with CalRecycle in order to meet the reporting and payment requirements (CCR 2231, 2301).
“Beverage manufacturer” means:
- Any person who bottles, cans, or otherwise fills beverage containers, or imports filled beverage containers, for sale to distributors, dealers, or consumers. (§14506)
- Notwithstanding Section 14506… the beverage manufacturer shall be deemed to be the person or entity named on the certificate of compliance issued pursuant to Section 23671 of the Business and Professions Code… (§14575(g)(2)(A))
- Every person who engages in the sale of beverages in beverage containers to a dealer in this state, including any manufacturer who engages in these sales. “Distributor” includes any person who imports beverages from outside of this state for sale to dealers or consumers in this state. (§14511)
For information about containers and beverages in the Program, or to submit products/labels for review, please see our labeling requirements page.
To determine if your company is a beverage manufacturer and/or beverage distributor, as defined above, you may
- Complete the registration form on line or
- Download and complete the pdf version of the form (250 KB) and submit it via fax or mail as noted on the top of the form.
After your registration form is received, a Recycling Specialist will be in contact with you. If your company is determined to be a beverage manufacturer and/or distributor, you will receive reporting identification number(s) and can begin reporting and paying processing fees and/or CRV.
If you have any questions regarding registration, please contact the Registration Unit via phone at (916) 323-1835 or via email at email@example.com.
Beverage Manufacturers & Distributors, http://www.calrecycle.ca.gov/BevContainer/BevDistMan/