Who Are You?
Electronic Waste Management
- Stakeholder workshop Feb 10: CRT & CRT Glass Management
- Stakeholder workshop December 16th: Covered Electronic Waste Stakeholder Workshop: Designated Approved Collectors
- Approved collectors and recyclers in the CEW system...
- Weighmaster Enforcement Program
- Find a recycling opportunity near you.
- See covered electronic waste recycling statistics (PDF, 590 KB)...
Each year in California hundreds of thousands of computers, monitors, copiers, fax machines, printers, televisions, and other electronic items become "obsolete" in the eyes of consumers. Rapid advances in technology and an expanding demand for new features accelerate the generation of "old" electronic equipment ("e-waste"). The result is a growing challenge for businesses, residents, and local governments as they search for ways to reuse, recycle, or properly dispose of this equipment.
To meet this challenge, many communities are initiating electronic product collection programs, manufacturers are developing recycling programs for their customers, and innovative companies are finding new markets for the old equipment.
Get updates, information and guidance on the implementation of the Electronic Waste Recycling Act of 2003!
Many components of electronic equipment--including metals, plastic, and glass--can be recycled, while others may present environmental hazards if not managed correctly. This site provides information and resources on how to properly manage your electronic products.