- MORe Home
- Food Scraps Management
- Food Banks & Food Recovery
- Case Studies & Model Programs
- Compost & Mulch
- Conversion Technologies
- Organics Home
Mandatory Commercial Organics Recycling (MORe)
Education/Outreach Tools: Example Materials
Special thanks to Alameda, Los Angeles, Sacramento and San Francisco counties for sharing the resources below for other jurisdictions to use. You may also be interested in customizable materials from CalRecycle.
Alameda Stop Waste is providing a link to its website that contains workbooks, guides, signs, posters, decals and other useful materials.to help set up or improve a workplace’s recycling program to comply with the Mandatory Recycling Ordinance.
- Compliance Guide for Business: (PDF, 4.39 MB) A guide for businesses and institutions explaining how to comply with the Mandatory Recycling Ordinance. Includes tips for success and case study examples.
- Tips for Working with Janitorial Service Companies: (PDF, 47 KB) Tips on working with your janitorial service company to create a simple, easy to use recycling program. It also contains sample language for your janitorial contract or next janitorial bid.
Los Angeles County
Los Angeles County offers various education and outreach resources related to commercial organics recycling.
Planning & Policy
- Sustainable Waste Management Future Roadmap (PowerPoint, 4 MB)
- Roadmap to a Sustainable Waste Management Future, November 2014 (PDF, 3 MB)
- Letter to Businesses re State Requirements (PDF, 84 KB)
- Mandatory Commercial Recycling (AB 341) and Mandatory Commercial Organics Recycling (AB 1826) Flyer (PDF, 1 MB) English and Spanish
- Annual Business Recycling Program Questionnaire (Word, 41 KB)
- Annual Food Waste Questionnaire (Word, 126 KB)
- Letter & Flyer for Site Visits (PDF, 282 KB)
- Site Visit Fact Sheet (PDF, 477 KB)
- Business Recycling and Organics Site Visit Questionnaire (Excel, 303 KB)
Zero Waste Toolkit for Successful Participation: SF Environment has provided a link to its tools for implementing business recycling and composting programs, including flyers signage, training resources, and case studies.