Venues and Events: Reducing Waste
Network with local jurisdictions and learn about their programs.
- Brochure. The quick reference brochure Waste Reduction Tips for Large Venues and Events provides tips on how to implement a successful venue or event waste reduction program. (In your printer preferences be sure to set the paper size to tabloid 11"x 17" and check the box so that the brochure prints to fit the page.) Limited hard copies are available by e-mailing the contact at the bottom of this page.
- Business Waste Reduction Resources Index. Search on line for help and information by topic.
- California Waste Prevention Information Exchange. This exchange has a unique collection of more than 1,000 articles, brochures, reports, videos, posters, and other materials that focus on waste prevention. You can learn from others and share your successes.
- Recycled-Content Product Database and RecycleStore. These resources have searchable listings to help you locate and buy recycled-content products.
- Survey (2002). View the summary results from the Board’s 2002 survey of venues and events.
- California Resource Recovery Association (CRRA). The CRRA sponsors the Venues and Special Events Recycling Council (technical council). They also maintain a list of vendors who sell various types of products for establishing or enhancing your recycling program.
- California Department of Toxic Substances Control. Information and assistance with reducing and handling toxic and hazardous materials.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Recycle on the Go. Information on starting a recycling program in a public place such as stadiums, parks, events. etc.
- Waste Wi$e. Case studies and publications on a wide range of solid waste topics. The Waste Wi$e program is a voluntary partnership between the U.S. EPA and businesses, designed to reduce municipal solid waste and save businesses money.
- Keep California Beautiful. A statewide, nonprofit environmental organization assisting cities with public education for litter reduction.