Venues and Events: Reducing Waste
Network with local jurisdictions and learn about their programs.
- Brochure. The quick reference brochure Waste Reduction Tips for Large Venues and Events provides tips on how to implement a successful venue or event waste reduction program. (In your printer preferences be sure to set the paper size to tabloid 11"x 17" and check the box so that the brochure prints to fit the page.) Limited hard copies are available by e-mailing the contact at the bottom of this page.
- Business Waste Reduction Resources Index. Search on line for help and information by topic.
- Recycled-Content Product Database and RecycleStore. These resources have searchable listings to help you locate and buy recycled-content products.
- Survey (2002). View the summary results from the Board’s 2002 survey of venues and events.
- California Resource Recovery Association (CRRA).
- Green Sports Alliance. The Green Sports Alliance is a nonprofit organization with a mission to help sports teams, venues, and leagues enhance their environmental performance. Alliance members represent over 220 sports teams and venues from 16 different sports leagues.
- California Department of Toxic Substances Control. Information and assistance with reducing and handling toxic and hazardous materials.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Recycle on the Go. Information on starting a recycling program in a public place such as stadiums, parks, events. etc.
- Waste Wi$e. Case studies and publications on a wide range of solid waste topics. The Waste Wi$e program is a voluntary partnership between the U.S. EPA and businesses, designed to reduce municipal solid waste and save businesses money.
- Keep California Beautiful. A statewide, nonprofit environmental organization assisting cities with public education for litter reduction.