If your community, business, or agency has a policy it would like to share, please let us know.
Sample Procurement Policies
- In-House Waste Reduction and Recycled-Content Product Procurement Policy. Adopted by the California Integrated Waste Management Board (now CalRecycle), 1999.
- Environmentally Preferable Procurement Policy. City of San Jose, Council Policy
- Environmental Purchasing Policy. Public Works Agency, County of Sacramento.
- Green Procurement and Sustainable Practices Policy. County of Nevada.
- Model Green Procurement Specifications and Purchasing Guidelines. Northeast Recycling Council (NERC), 2014.
- Model Recycled Product Procurement Policy for Environmentally Preferable Products. King County (Washington) Environmental Purchasing Program.
- Ordinances and Policies for Waste Reduction at Venue Facilities and Large Events
- Sustainability Policy. California Department of Water Resources.
Additional sample procurement policies are available from CalRecycle's Local Assistance Library as well as CalRecycle's Environmentally Preferable Purchasing Laws and Policies page.