Many resources are available to help you learn more about recycled-content products (RCP) and other environmentally preferable products. The following are specific tools to help you with your purchasing efforts.
Databases, Directories, and Catalogs
- California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle). Search our recycled-content product database to find products, vendors, etc.
- Forest Stewardship Council (FSC). Provides a database of products that meet FSC standards.
- Green Seal. Provides updates on available recycled products.
- Recycled Products Guide. A large collection of information on recycled-content products maintained by the Recycling Data Management Corporation.
- RecycleStore. An online catalog of recycled-content products produced in Recycling Market Development Zones designated by CalRecycle.
- United States Environmental Protection Agency.
- Database of Environmental Information for Products and Services will help you buy greener products and services by linking you to contract language and specifications, environmental standards and guidelines, vendor lists of product brands, and other useful information.
- United States General Services Administration Environmental Products & Services Guide
- The CalRecycle's Recycled-Content Product Library contains nearly 800 samples of recycled-content and other environmentally preferable products. To schedule a tour, contact Buy Recycled staff.
These tools were designed for California State agency use, but could be adapted for others.
- Sample Annual Purchase Summary. A daily tracking tool for all purchases.
- Sample Supply Requisition. This sample form captures essential tracking information--total recycled content, postconsumer content, and product categories.
- SABRC Purchase Tracking Tool. For use by CalRecycle contract and grant programs.