Listed below are various resources and tools State agencies can use to implement a successful State Agency Buy Recycled Campaign (SABRC) program.
- Glossary of Terms. Definitions of the terms most frequently used in the SABRC.
- SABRC Overview. Covers the basic terms to know, requirements of reporting agencies, verifying postconsumer recycled content, acceptable postconsumer recycled content verification options, how to find postconsumer recycled-content products, as well as other tips and resources.
- SABRC Training. Informational slides that provide an overview and important points to help understand the SABRC program.
- FI$CAL Data Export. Informational slides that provide an overview on how to retrieve SABRC data from FI$Cal.
- Steps to Implement a Successful Buy Recycled Program. A step-by-step guide.
- Immediate Actions to Increase RCP Purchases. Includes steps that State agencies can take right away to increase their procurement of recycled-content products.
- State Administrative Manual (SAM) Section 1900. This SAM section outlines state agency and facility responsibilities regarding waste prevention and recycling. Chapter 1960 addresses SABRC.
- State Contracting Manual (SCM).
Volume 2 Chapter 12, Topic 5: Reporting Requirements and State Contracting Manual (SCM) and
Volume 3 (Information Technology) Chapter 12, Topic 5: Reporting Requirements, both contain information pertaining to SABRC requirements for contractors.
- How to Find State Contracts and Vendors. Includes information from Statewide Commodity Contracts, DGS Buying Green Website, and using the DGS eProcurement system
- Postconsumer-Content Certification Form (CalRecycle Form 74: Word | Fillable PDF). For state agencies to obtain recycled-content certification from businesses providing products, materials, goods, or supplies offered or sold to the state within the reportable categories. For assistance on how to complete the form, visit Guidance on Form 74 for Vendors.
- Product Categories, Content Requirements, and Procurement Examples. A quick reference sheet for use by state agencies that must abide by SABRC laws, showing product categories and their minimum postconsumer content requirements.
- Composite Product Reporting for SABRC. Basic explanation of how to report composite material purchases (i.e. material made with one or more reportable product categories) for state agencies. The total cost of composite products can only be reported in ONE category. Agencies determine which product category the purchase should be reported under.
- Purchasing Resources: Many resources are available to help you learn more about recycled-content products (RCP) and other environmentally preferable products.
- CalRecycle Contacts for State Agencies. List of the CalRecycle Local Assistance and Market Development staff assigned to each state agency that can be contacted with questions.