This section provides a portal to statewide disposal data and amounts. It also covers Waste Characterization, Alternative Daily Cover (ADC), and general information on material types for each local jurisdiction or county.
Disposal Amounts (Landfilled, Transformed, Imported, Exported, plus ADC and AIC)
- Statewide (1995 to most current, annual totals)
- From Jurisdictions Within a County (1995 to most current, by quarter, by jurisdiction)
- From a Jurisdiction (For a single year, by quarter, by facility)
- At Facilities Within a County (1995 to most current, by quarter, by facility)
- At a Facility (1995 to most current, by jurisdiction)
- At a Landfill and Subject to the IWM (Integrated Waste Management) Fee (by year, by county, by SWIS)
- For more Disposal Amount information, please see the Disposal Reporting System (DRS).
Disposal and Diversion by Material ( Waste Characterization)
- 2014 Generator-Based Characterization of Commercial Sector Disposal and Diversion in California (16 Business Groups)
- 2014 Disposal-Facility-Based Characterization of Solid Waste
in California (Residential, Commercial, and Self-Haul)
- Waste Characterization Tool for California Jurisdictions
- Business Group Waste Stream Calculator
- Disposal and Diversion Rates for Business Groups
- Residential Disposal Compositions for California Regions
- See all past Waste Characterization Studies
Exports of Recyclable Materials
The report contain information about the types of recyclables exported from California’s ports, the tonnage amount shipped, and their value.
Biomass Reporting Data (Presentations and reports on biomass conversion facility data)