Educational Forums and Events
Visit CalRecycle's EPR Events Web page for archived meetings, workshops, and other events related to EPR. Current events general to EPR will be posted in the Program News Box on the EPR Home Page. Current events specific to the paint, carpet, and mattress stewardship programs will be posted on each respective program web page.
Evaluate Greenhouse Gas Emissions Associated With Products (Agenda Item 1). This CalRecycle contract will assist in understanding the potential greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and other environmental, economic, and social benefits of a producer responsibility/stewardship approach to product management. The primary objectives of the project are to:
- Develop several approaches to analyze products that are scientifically-based and incorporate product life cycle data, along with economic and social impacts;
- Prepare case studies for selected products to understand the potential benefits of a product stewardship approach, including changes in GHG emissions and other environmental, economic, and social impacts; and
- Provide California-specific guidelines for determining if and when a product purchased with recycled content has reduced associated GHG emissions as compared to a similar product made from virgin materials.
December 15, 2009, California Integrated Waste Management Board Meeting Agenda Item documents:
- Agenda Item
- Agenda Item Attachment 1: Scope of Work, University of California, Berkeley
- Agenda Item Attachment 2: Scope of Work, University of California, Santa Barbara