Form 303 Resources
Public agencies responsible for HHW management need to submit data using the online Form 303 system, which requires a CalRecycle WebPass in order to access the database.
- Enter the Form 303 online system (WebPass required)
- WebPass management
- Instructions (revised May 9, 2016)
- Instructional webinar recording, Youtube (00:55:08) (July 2013) | Transcript*
- Q&A from instructional webinars
- March 2015 survey responses
- Offline Excel tool (revised September 21, 2015). This tool can help you track monthly HHW amounts and sub-material types (e.g., flammable solids and flammable liquids), which automatically total fiscal year data for easier copy-and-paste into the online Form 303 system.
- History of improvements (new July 23, 2015). Summary of changes made to the online Form 303 reporting system since 2014.
*Transcript is using Microsoft Indexer (From the top left menu choose "Timeline", from top right menu choose "View", and then "Accessibility” to see the transcript).
HHW Collection/Disposition Data
Annual HHW program and survey data for the safe collection, recycling, treatment, and disposal of hazardous wastes generated primarily by households and collected by statewide local programs.
Legislation and Regulations
California state law (PRC §47203; HSC §25218.10) mandates the Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle) and Department of Toxic Substances Control work jointly in maintaining a database of all household hazardous waste collection events, facilities, and programs within the state and make that information available to the public upon request. California regulations (CCR, Title 14, Division 7, Chapter 9, §18751.2) mandate that each public agency responsible for household hazardous waste (HHW) management shall ensure the amount of material (in pounds) collected through their program during the preceding reporting period (July 1 through June 30) is reported to CalRecycle by October 1 each year. Additionally, the Form 303 is specifically intended to fulfill the countywide integrated waste management plan, HHW element reporting requirements (CCR Title 14, Division 7, Chapter 9, §18751.1).
The Form 303 regulations have been revised to streamline the reporting process and provide clarity on the reporting of materials collected through a product stewardship program.
For More Information
- Subscribe to the Household Hazardous Waste Reporting (Form 303) Listserv to keep informed about Household Hazardous Waste Reporting (Form 303) updates, new releases, and data postings.
- You can review previous messages and dialogues by visiting the Household Hazardous Waste Reporting (Form 303) Listserv Archive.
- If you have any questions on completing the form or survey, please contact CalRecycle at email@example.com.