Widespread illegal dumping of solid waste adversely impacts Californians in many ways. Properties on which illegal dumping occurs lose economic value; create public health and safety and environmental problems; and degrade the enjoyment and pride in the affected communities. Abandoned, idled, or underutilized properties due to unauthorized dumping impact what were once the sources of economic benefits to a community. Many such properties have been abandoned or have owners who are unable or unwilling to pay the costs of cleanup. This program provides financial assistance in the form of reimbursement grants up to $500,000 to help public entities accelerate the pace of cleanup, restore sites, and turn today's problems into tomorrow's opportunities.
Cycle Specific Information
The due dates for fiscal year (FY) 2019–20 were February
1718, 2020 and June 24, 2020.
Note: "SWC" followed by a number is the cycle code for the Solid Waste Cleanup Grant Programs.
- FY 2018-19 (Cycles 76,78): Application Information | SWC76 Awards.Cycle 78 was cancelled as there was no funding remaining for this fiscal year.
- FY 2017-18 (Cycles 70, 72, 74): Application Information | SWC70 Awards. The remaining two cycles were cancelled as there was no funding remaining for this fiscal year.
- FY 2016-17 (Cycles 68): Application Information | SWC68 Awards. The remaining two cycles were cancelled as there was no funding remaining for this fiscal year.
- FY 2015-16 (Cycles 62, 64, 66): Application Information | SWC62 Awards. No awards made for SWC64 and SWC66
- FY 2014-15 (Cycles 56, 58, 60): Application Information | SWC56 Awards, SWC58 Award, SWC60 Awards
- FY 2013-14 (Cycles 50, 52, 54): Application Information and Awards for SWC52 and SWC54. No awards made for SWC50
- FY 2012-13 (Cycles 44, 46, 48): Application Information and Awards for SWC44 and SWC48. No awards made for SWC46
- FY 2011-12: Application and Instructions (no awards made for FY 2011-12)
Award information for past cycles is available by using Grant Reports to search the CalRecycle grant database.