Public entities bear a financial responsibility for maintaining public landfill sites in compliance with State regulations and standards. The program provides financial assistance in the form of reimbursement grants up to $750,000 in matching funds for eligible costs to assist public entities requiring financial assistance, and committed to accelerating the pace of cleanup, restoring sites, and protecting public health and safety and the environment.
Cycle Specific Information
Application materials for fiscal year (FY) 2021-22 are due: September 29, 2021 and
February 16, 2022 February 1, 2022
Note: "SWC" followed by a number is the cycle code for the Solid Waste Cleanup Grant Programs.
- FY 2020-21 (Cycles 83, 85): Application Information | SWC83 Award
- FY 2019-20 (Cycles 79, 81): Application Information | SWC79 Award, SWC81 Award
- FY 2018-19 (Cycles 77): Application Information | SWC77 Award
- FY 2017-18 (Cycles 71, 73, 75): Application Information | SWC71 Award, SWC75 Award. No awards were made for SWC73.
- FY 2016-17 (Cycles 69): Application Information | SWC69 Award. The remaining two cycles were cancelled as funds were exhausted.
- FY 2015-16 (Cycles 63, 65, 67): Application Information. No awards made for SWC63, SWC65, and SWC67.
- FY 2014-15 (Cycles 57, 59, 61): Application Information | SWC57 Awards, SWC61 Award. No awards made for SWC59.
- FY 2013-14 (Cycles 51, 53, 55): Application Information and awards for SWC55. No awards made for SWC51 and SWC53.
- FY 2012-13 (Cycles 45, 47, 49): Application Information and SWC45 Awards. No awards made for SWC47 and SWC49.
Award information for past cycles is available by using Grant Reports to search the CalRecycle grant database.