The California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle) is pleased to provide solid waste facility operation fact sheets for use by local enforcement agencies (LEA) and solid waste facility operators in conducting day-to-day operations. For more information, contact Melissa Hoover-Hartwick.
If you require special accommodation to access these fact sheets pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Office of Public Affairs at (916) 341-6300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below are downloadable, high resolution Adobe Acrobat PDFs, in both English and Spanish, of each fact sheet.
- Construction and Demolition and Inert Debris Transfer/Processing Facility Dos and Don'ts: English | Spanish
- Litter Control at Solid Waste Facilities, Sites and Operations: English | Spanish
- Load-Checking and Hazardous, Liquid, and Special Waste at Transfer and Processing Operations and Facilities: English | Spanish
- Load-Checking for Hazardous Waste at Solid Waste Landfills and Inert Debris Engineered Fill Operations: English | Spanish
- Personal Protective Equipment at Solid Waste Landfills: English | Spanish
- Physical Hazards at Solid Waste Facilities, Sites and Operations: English | Spanish
- Receipt of Medical Waste at Solid Waste Facilities and Operations: English | Spanish
- Scavenging, Salvaging and Storage at Solid Waste Facilities and Operations: English | Spanish
- Traffic Control at Solid Waste Facilities and Operations: English | Spanish
Applicability of Fact Sheets Outside of California
The fact sheets on these web pages are specifically written to address California statute and regulation. Although, they might also be suitable for use within other states and countries, it is the responsibility of the people outside of California who request, print, or distribute these fact sheets to assure that they accurately reflect all laws applicable at those locations.
Permission and Restriction Regarding Duplication
The fact sheets on these web pages were created by CalRecycle. CalRecycle encourages LEAs and operators to reproduce and distribute the fact sheets to help promote compliance with State Minimum Standards. These materials may be used and reprinted by anyone without permission from CalRecycle. Design alteration or editing of the fact sheets is prohibited.