This section provides an overview of key topics to help local government officials and others understand and fulfill their California Integrated Waste Management Act (IWMA) responsibilities. Also, please check out the Frequently Asked Questions to review common questions. For more detailed information, search related topics using the links on the left side of this page.
Here is a list of topics to explore in this section:
- Alternate Daily Cover
- Base-Year Generation and Goal Measurement
- Biomass Diversion Credit
- Board-Approved Adjustment Method and Goal Measurement
- Claiming Disaster Debris Disposal Deductions
- Disposal Reporting and Goal Measurement
- Per Capita Disposal and Goal Measurement (2007 and Later)
- Regional Agencies
- Transformation Diversion Credit
- State Agency Waste Management
- Standard List of Material Categories and Types
- Standard Material Type Definitions
- Uniform Disposal Characterization Method
- Waste Generation Studies, Annual Generation-Based Diversion Rates and New Base Years
Need help or have suggestions?
If you have suggestions for additional Basics, or if you have additional questions about these webpages, please contact local assistance staff.