Overviews were provided from November 2008 through January 2009 to provide guidance on the goal measurement tools and the new per capita disposal and goal measurement system for 2007 and later (Chapter 343, Statutes of 2008 [Wiggins, SB 1016]). Below is a sample agenda for the sessions.
- Increased Focus on Implementation
- New Disposal Measurement System
- Why the System Changed
- Benefits of SB 1016
- How New Disposal Targets Are Calculated
- Annual Per Capita Disposal Rate
- Comparing Target Rate and Actual Annual Rate
- Reporting/Review Cycles
- Questions and Answers
The presentation given at the overviews can be accessed from the Goal Measurement 2007 home page.
- January 28, 2009, CalEPA Headquarters, Sacramento (broadcast statewide)
- January 8, 2009, Los Angeles
- December 4, 2008, Oxnard
- December 1, 2008, California State Association of Counties Conference (CSAC)--Outreach for SB 1016 via CIWMB booth
- November 17, 2008, Bay Area Workshop, San Mateo