- Available Funds:
- FY 2018-19: $9,500,000 estimated.
- Interest Rate: 4.0%
- For updates, send an email to Loans@Calrecycle.ca.gov
The Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle) administers a Recycling Market Development Zone Loan Program to encourage California-based recycling businesses located within California to site new manufacturing facilities and expand existing operations. This program provides low-interest loans for the purchase of equipment and other relevant business costs. The intent of the Recycling Market Development Zone Loan Program is to help California manufacturers increase their processing capabilities and create additional markets for recycled-content products. Additional background and legal information on the RMDZ Loan Program is available on our RMDZ Law and Policy page.
Learn more about loans that have been awarded.
- Loan Award Information: Charts displaying data on number of loans awarded, amounts, and how funds were used.
- Loan Recipient Search: Search for loan recipients by business name, zone, county, product category, feedstock category, loan type, and/or year.
- To learn more about the RMDZ program, please provide your information via this form or contact your local Zone Administrator, or CalRecycle’s Zone Liaison for that area (see map).
- General information can also be obtained by calling (916) 341-6199 or emailing LAMD@CalRecycle.ca.gov.
- For questions specific to the loan program, contact email@example.com.