The purpose of conducting waste/burn ash sampling is to:
- Determine the extent and characterize the waste on the site.
- Determine health and safety issues that may arise for the protection of personnel and working methods to be employed during the investigation.
- Determine the need and method of properly disposing or remediating the waste at the site.
Following are examples of sampling and a request for Lab services.
- City of Portola Sampling Results for Cam 5 Metals
- BSL Environmental Laboratory Service Request
- City of Portola Sampling Log
A table listing site investigations completed by the CIWMB is available. The investigations are listed alphabetically by site name and include: Solid Waste Information System (SWIS) number, type of plan or report produced, investigation type, types of operations, and whether the site is located in a rural or urban setting. The table identifies site investigations during which geophysical survey operations were utilized.