A public agency shall prepare, or have prepared, a proposed MND for a project subject to CEQA when:
- The initial study shows that there is no substantial evidence before the agency that the project may have a significant effect on the environment, or
- The initial study identified potentially significant effects, but
- Revisions in the project plans or proposals, made by or agreed to by the applicant before a proposed MND is released for public review, would avoid the effects or mitigate the effects to a point where clearly no significant effects would occur, and
- There is no substantial evidence that the project as revised may have a significant effect on the environment.
- 14 CCR Section 15070
- PRC Sections 21064.5-21065