After deciding to carry out or approve a project for which a MND has been adopted, the lead agency shall file a notice of determination (NOD). If the lead agency is a state agency, the lead agency shall file the NOD with the State Clearinghouse.
The NOD must include:
- The common name and location of the project and a State Clearinghouse number for MNDs that have undergone state responsible and/or trustee agency review.
- A brief description of the project.
- The date the lead agency approved the project.
- The determination of the agency that the project will not have a significant effect on the environment
- A statement that a MND has been prepared pursuant to the provisions of CEQA.
Note: If the lead agency is a local agency, the local lead agency shall file the NOD with the county clerk of the county or counties in which the project will be located within five working days after approval of the project by the lead agency. If the project requires a discretionary approval from any state responsible or trustee agency, the local lead agency shall also file with the State Clearinghouse.
Reference: 14 CCR Section 15075