- The Recycling and Disposal Reporting System (RDRS) opens for contract haulers and food waste self-haulers to submit Q3 2019 reports on Tuesday, October 1, 2019. The submittal deadline for these reporting entity types is Thursday, October 31, 2019.
- Reporting module tutorial videos are now available on our Training page for Contract Haulers (YouTube [9:40] | Transcript) and Food Waste Self-Haulers (YouTube [6:12] | Transcript).
- The RDRS Reporting Module Workshops videos held in September 2019, Sacramento (YouTube [3:40:11]) and Diamond Bar (YouTube [3:30:14]) are now available. These workshops provide a walkthrough of RDRS and demonstrate how to submit a quarterly report.
- Permitted stations and disposal facilities should have submitted their Q2 2019 reports under the prior Disposal Reporting System (DRS) to their counties or regional agencies by September 15, 2019. The final reporting due date to CalRecycle under DRS is October 15, 2019. Counties and regional agencies are reminded to submit all DRS reports, Facility Summary Reports (FSRs), and Quarterly Station Notifications (Form 870) to CalRecycle by the due date. Direct reporting in RDRS will commence for Q3 2019 (July 1-September 30).
AB 901 Regulations and Development
Governor Brown signed AB 901 (Gordon, Chapter 746, Statutes of 2015) into law to change how organics, recyclable material, and solid waste are reported to CalRecycle. In the third quarter of 2019, CalRecycle will transition away from the current Disposal
Reporting System (DRS) to a brand-new Recycling and Disposal Reporting System (RDRS). Until that time, permitted stations and disposal facilities should continue to report to the county or regional agency according to the DRS requirements for Q1 and Q2
2019. The law requires the following businesses to report directly to CalRecycle on a quarterly basis on materials sold and transferred by a reporting entity:
- Recycling facilities
- Composting facilities
- Disposal facilities including landfills
- Transformation facilities
- Engineered municipal solid waste conversion facilities
- Transfer/processor facilities
- Contract haulers
- Food waste self-haulers
- Full text of new Title 14, CCR, Division 7, Chapter 9, Article 9.25 (Westlaw)
- PDF of all regulatory text modifications as approved by OAL
- Rulemaking Archive
- Link to statute
All training resources for registration and reporting are found on the Training page.
RDRS initial registration begins on April 1 for existing businesses that are required to report and are operating on April 1, 2019. The registration deadline for initial registration is April 30, 2019. After April 30, newly-established businesses must register within 30 days of being subject to these reporting requirements.
Registering a reporting entity in RDRS does not cause that entity to be reclassified as a solid waste handler.
- Recycling and Disposal Reporting System (RDRS) Registration Login
- Create and manage your WebPass
- "Do I need to Register in RDRS?"
Solid waste facilities with a reporting obligation under DRS should submit their first quarter (Q1) and second quarter (Q2) 2019 data to the county or regional agency within which they are located, and report in RDRS starting with third quarter (Q3) 2019 (Jul-Sept 2019).
For contract haulers and food waste self-haulers, the Q3 2019 reporting module will be available on October 1, 2019.
For recycler/composters, brokers, transporters, and transfer/processors the reporting module will be available on November 1, 2019.
For disposal facilities, the reporting module will be available on December 1, 2019. Reporting material flows to the Department does not cause that material to be reclassified as solid waste.
- New public reports for disposal and recycling data (Coming January 2020)
- RDRS reports login for jurisdictions & counties (Coming January 2020)
References, Documentation & Tools
RDRS Coordinator Voicemail: (916) 341-6777
Email (preferred): RDRS@calrecycle.ca.gov
When emailing, please include all relevant information below to expedite a response:
- WebPass email
- Name of Organization/Site (if already registered)
- Name of reporting entity activity(ies) and RDRS number(s)
- Category of question/comment (Please use one of these categories in your email subject line):
Do I need to Register/How to Register/How to Report/Other
- References/documentation consulted prior to emailing
- Regulatory subsection pertaining to your question (14 CCR 18815.1-18815.13):
- Question or issue