This page provides information on past events sponsored and/or held by CalRecycle's tire programs.
Conferences and Workshops (except Five-Year Plan)
- Workshop on the Flow of Used Tires from California to Mexico. Sacramento, August 28, 2017
The second of two workshops provided an opportunity for San Diego State University Research Foundation (under contract with CalRecycle) to provide an overview of their research on this tire flow.
- 2017 CalRecycle Tire Conference. Sacramento, May 3-4, 2017
- Workshop on the Flow of Used Tires from California to Mexico and Waste Tire Disposal Challenges. San Diego, April 25, 2017
This workshop provided an opportunity for California and Baja California to gather for a better understanding of the structure and function of government agencies relevant to the used tire flow and waste tire disposal.
- Overview of the 2015 California Waste Tire Market Report.
Sacramento, May 16, 2016
This workshop provided stakeholders an opportunity to understand the market trends and discuss before the 2015 California Waste Tire Market Report is finalized in July 2016.
- Tire Management Workshop: Increasing Recycling
- CalRecycle hosted this workshop on December 2, 2015.
- 2015 Tire Conference. Sacramento on August 19-20, 2015
- Overview of the 2014 California Waste Tire Market Report. Sacramento, May 18, 2015
- 2014 Tire Conference. Sacramento, April 23-24, 2014
- Overview of the 2012 California Waste Tire Market Report Workshop. Sacramento, April 15, 2013
- 2012 Tire Conference. August 28-29, 2012
- Overview of the 2011 California Waste Tire Market Report Workshop. May 15, 2012
- Waste Tire Market Incentives. April 17, 2012
- Tire Enforcement Workshop. March 19, 2012
- Baja Tire Plan Workshop. February 22, 2012
- The Use of Industrial Byproducts in Highway Construction. April 20, 2009
- International Tire Conference: Border-Tire Management Partnership. May 5-9, 2008
- Scrap Tire Issues In The California-Baja California Border Region. September 6, 2007
- Sixth CIWMB Waste Tire Management Conference. April 5-7, 2005
- Tire Product Stewardship Dialogue Meeting. July 28, 2004
- Roundtable Discussion on the Tire Product Commercialization Grant Program. July 7, 2004
- Fifth Waste Tire Management Conference. September 2-4, 2003
- Public Workshops: Waste Tire Manifest System. November 6 and 8, 2001
- Public Workshop: Discussion of Draft Proposed Tire Monofill Regulations. April 12, 2001
- Waste Tire Monofill Workshop. March 30, 2000
- Third Biennial Tire Recycling Conference. October 7-9, 1998
Five-Year Plan Meetings and Workshops
- Workshop: Discussion of Revising the Five-Year Plan for FYs 2017/18-2021/22. Sacramento, November 16, 2016
- 2014 Five-Year Plan Workshop.
Sacramento, October 21, 2014
During the workshop, proposed activities and budgets were discussed covering fiscal years 20015/16 through 2019/20.
- Discussion of the Five-Year Plan for the Waste Tire Recycling Management Program Workshop (7th Edition Covering Fiscal Years 2013/14-2017/18)
- Workshops on Revising the Five-Year Plan for the Waste Tire Recycling Management Program (4th edition/2007 Revision)
- Workshops on Revising the Five-Year Plan for the Waste Tire Recycling Management Program (3rd edition/2005 Revision)
- Workshops on Revising the Five-Year Plan for the Waste Tire Recycling Management Program (2nd edition/2003 Revision)
- Public Meeting on Five-Year Plan for SB 876. January 16, 2001
- Waste Tire Hauler Training. April 26, 2018
CalRecycle offered a free training workshop (Spanish-English) for all waste tire haulers, auto dismantlers, tire dealers, auto body shops, car dealers, service stations, tire shredders, trucking fleets, tire retreaders, and local representative involved with waste/used tire clean-ups and/or disposals within Imperial County and neighboring cities.
If you were unable to attend previous training classes in this area, CalRecycle staff are available answering questions about the program such as what are your responsibilities as a registered waste tire hauler, waste/used tire manifest system, and recently adopted waste tire laws and regulations. For larger organizations, arrangements can be made to have an on-site training by a CalRecycle representative. Please call our toll-free number (866-896-0600) for inquiries, or to arrange training.
- Conducting Surveillance and Investigations for Illegal Tire Dumping. 2005
- CTL Training: Summer 2005
The CIWMB (now CalRecycle) evaluated and revised the California Uniform Waste and Used Tire Manifest System, replacing the existing Manifest (CIWMB 647) and the Tire Trip Log (CIWMB 648) forms with the Comprehensive Trip Log (CTL) form (CIWMB 203). The CIWMB conducted trainings at multiple venues throughout the state during July through September 2005.
- Training: Summer 2003
The CIWMB (now CalRecycle) conducted training on the waste tire manifest system at multiple venues throughout the state during May and June 2003.