The Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle) administers tire grant programs to provide opportunities to divert waste tires from landfill disposal, prevent illegal tire dumping, and promote markets for recycled-content tire products. The Tire Incentive Program (TIP) provides a reimbursement (as an incentive payment program) to eligible businesses that use (recycled) crumb rubber in eligible products or substitute crumb rubber for virgin rubber, plastic, or other raw materials in products. The program’s goal is to increase demand for crumb rubber and promote higher value products.
Join the TIP Listserv to be notified by email for program updates and when funding becomes available.
If you have questions that are program-specific, please contact Nicholas Amante.
Application materials for fiscal
year (FY) 2019-20 will tentatively be available Summer 2019.
Note: "TIP" followed by a number is the cycle code for the Tire Incentive Program.
- FY 2018-19 (Cycle 6): Application Information | TIP6 Awards
- FY 2017-18 (Cycle 5): Application Information | TIP5 Awards
- FY 2016-17 (Cycle 4): Application Information | TIP4 Awards
- FY 2015-16 (Cycle 3): Application Information | TIP3 Awards
- FY 2014-15 (Cycle 2): Application Information | TIP2 Awards
- FY 2013-14 (Cycle 1): Application Information & Awards