The Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle) administers a program to provide opportunities for local governments/other eligible jurisdictions to receive payments for used oil and used oil filter collection/recycling programs. Eligible applicants are limited to local governments, which are defined in statute as "any chartered or general law city, chartered or general law county, or any city and county." The applicant's local used oil collection program must include used oil and used oil filter collection opportunities and a public education element as outlined in Public Resources Code (PRC) § 48691. PRC § 48653 provides a maximum of $11 million per fiscal year for this program. Actual budget amounts are determined annually as part of the State budget process. Payments are calculated per capita using the Department of Finance's population statistics.
If you have questions that are program specific, please email email@example.com.
Cycle Specific Information
Application materials for fiscal year (FY) 2021–22 will be available late spring 2021.
Note: "OPP" followed by a number is the cycle code for the Used Oil Payment Program.
- FY 2020-21 (Cycle 11): Application Information | OPP11 Awards
- FY 2019-20 (Cycle 10): Application Information| OPP10 Awards
- FY 2018-19 (Cycle 9): Application Information | OPP9 Awards
- FY 2017-18 (Cycle 8): Application Information | OPP8 Awards
- FY 2016-17 (Cycle 7): Application Information | OPP7 Awards
- FY 2015-16 (Cycle 6): Application Information | OPP6 Awards
- FY 2014-15 (Cycle 5): Application Information | OPP5 Awards
- FY 2013-14 (Cycle 4): Application Information | OPP4 Awards
- FY 2012-13 (Cycle 3): Application Information | OPP3 Awards
- FY 2011-12 (Cycle 2): Application Information | OPP2 Awards
- FY 2010-11 (Cycle 1): Application Information | OPP1 Awards