The links on the left provide information on topics of interest to beverage retailers/dealers. Important documents and other resources are listed below.
AB54 Impact to Specified Dealers
Assembly Bill 54 (Ting, Chapter 793, Statutes of 2019) was signed into law on October 12, 2019. Two components of this bill impact some dealers, or retailers that sell beverage containers. AB54 provides immediate and temporary relief to specified dealers in unserved convenience zones. These dealers, identified in AB54, are temporarily relieved from their requirements per PRC 14571.6 to either (a) redeem empty CRV containers in store or (b) pay $100/day fee to the department if a dealer meets the criteria in either PRC 14572.3 or 14571.6(c):
PRC 14572.3 highlight:
Until March 1, 2020, dealers located in a convenience zone that was served by a recycling center that closed between August 1, 2019 and September 1, 2019 at the initiation of the recycler shall be exempt from the dealer requirement per 14571.6 (a) and (b).
14571.6 (c) highlights:
Until July 1, 2020, a dealer located in an unserved convenience zone is exempted from dealer requirements per PRC 14571.6 (a) and (b) if the following are met:
- a completed application for a recycling center located anywhere in the convenience zone is pending, and
- the dealer and the recycling center submit a letter to the department stating that the recycling center intends to service that convenience zone.
(Please note, this section has expired as of 7/1/2020)
- To: Supermarkets
Subject: New Convenience Zone Designation
Posted: June 27, 2019
- To: All Retail Stores Selling Beverages in California
Subject: CRV Increase to 5¢ and 10¢
June 1, 2007, Effective July 1, 2007
- All Notices
Important Documents & Resources
- Are you a Beverage Manufacturer and/or Distributor? You might be and not know it!
- Beverages Subject to California Refund Value (CRV)
- California’s Beverage Container Recycling Law (Updated October 11, 2019)
- Find Your Nearest Recycling Center
- California Redemption Value (CRV) Computations (Updated April 8, 2016)
- Convenience Zone Exemption/Revocation Requirements
- Dealer Affidavit Form for In-Store CRV Redemption (Option A)
Posted: February 2, 2017
- List of Dealers Paying Daily Fee In Lieu of In-Store CRV Redemption (Option B)
Posted: April 13, 2017
Convenience Zone Forms
- Application for Convenience Zone Exemption (Form) (Updated September 22, 2015)
- Application for Revocation of Convenience Zone Exemption (Form) (Updated September 22, 2015)