Welcome to CalRecycle’s recycled content construction products catalog! This site is intended to help specification writers, architects and planners design with durable, energy efficient and lasting products for environmentally sustainable construction projects.
If you’re in need of products to meet CALGreen, the US Green Building Council’s LEED requirements, or just want to help “close the loop”, this site can be a resource to your project. It is organized in alphabetical order by category of building materials with quick contact information so you may easily contact the company that carries products of interest.
This list of products/materials also includes the CALGreen recycled content minimum, where applicable, in parentheses.
For more information about CALGreen’s construction waste management requirements, visit CalRecycle’s C&D Guide FAQ page.
- Aggregate Base (80 percent postconsumer content)
- Carpet products
- Ceilings and Wall Coverings
- Coatings and Sealants
- Drywall (4 percent postconsumer content)
- Erosion Control and Retention Products
- Flooring, Surfaces and Walkways
- Glass, Tile and Brick
- Insulation, Fiberglass (30 percent postconsumer content) and Cellulose (75 percent postconsumer content)
- Landscape and Lumber
- Paint (≥50 percent postconsumer content)
- Parking Stops
- Pipefittings (Plastic and Metal)
- Reuse from Deconstruction
- Tire-Derived Products and Buyer Case Studies
Aggregate Base (80 percent postconsumer content)
- Central Valley Trucking/Concrete makes recycled aggregate base. Facility in Merced, California.
Contact: email@example.com or (209) 723-8846
- Teichert has recycled aggregate base locations throughout California.
Contact: http://www.teichert.com/locations/ or (916) 484-3011
- Reliance Eco-Cushion is manufactured from 100% recycled content and it’s 100% recyclable, with no chemical additives. Facility in Vernon, California. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 522-5252 .
Ceilings and Wall Coverings
- Ceilume uses up to 100 percent thermoformed materials in its ceiling panels and tiles and its new wall panels. The company recycles all of its scrap and takes back scrap from customers, creating a closed-loop life-cycle. Facility in Graton, California. Contact email@example.com or Retail Consumers: (800) 492-5605 or Professionals: (877) 492-5605.
Coatings and Sealants
- Crossfield Products Corp. makes membrane for waterproofing and protection of concrete, masonry and other construction elements. Facility in Rancho Dominguez, California.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (310) 886-9100
- ReRubber makes infrastructural waterproof coatings from recycled tires. Facilities in Ontario and San Bernardino, California. Contact: email@example.com or (909) 786-2811
- CalPortland makes recycled content concrete. Facilities throughout California.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (626) 852-6200
- City Mix makes lightweight, durable and user-friendly material suitable for blending in a wide variety of concrete, stucco and masonry products. Facility in Dixon, California.
Contact: email@example.com or (206) 445-5890 or (206) 619-3971
- Diablo Valley Rock/Carone and Company recycled content product includes concrete, asphalt & brick. Facility in Martinez, California.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (925) 228-1118
- Granite has recycled material plants located throughout California.
Contact: https://graniteconstruction.com/locations?map-prefilters=material or (831) 724-1011
- K & D Enterprises, Inc/Unke, Inc. recycles broken concrete, asphalt, brick, rock, ceramic & clay tile, etc. into Class 2 road base and also sells product. Facilities in Ceres and Oakdale, California.
Contact: KD-INC@hotmail.com or (209) 538-8492
Drywall (4 percent postconsumer content)
CertainTeed makes recycled content gypsum drywall.
Facility in Napa, California.
Contact: (800) 423-3127
Erosion Control and Retention Products
- Eco-Blok turns waste tires into erosion control
devices. Facility in Newbury Park, California.
Contact: email@example.com or (805) 499-8856
- Filtrexx Sustainable Technologies makes compost
filter and grow socks containing recycled organics. Facilities in Gilroy and San
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (760) 429-4041
Millennium Molding makes recycled tire
content erosion control blocks, landscape borders, temporary
retaining walls, and supports for rooftop pipe, electrical
conduit and vents. Facility in Fontana, California.
Contact: email@example.com or (951) 509-9393
Flooring, Surfaces and Walkways
- BAS Recycling, Inc. uses waste tires in surfaces, turf, asphalt, and mulch. Facility in Moreno Valley, California.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (951) 214-6590
- Environmental Molding Concepts uses waste tires for outdoor surfacing. See
DeckTOP in TDPs catalog. Facility located in Moreno Valley, California.
Contact: email@example.com or (888) 836-2665
- K. B. Industries makes
Flexi-Pave recycled tire content accessibility and walkway surfaces. Facility in Fresno, California.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (727) 723-3300
- PlayMax Surfacing manufactures and installs playground safety surfaces, tiles, walk paths, water play surfaces, and recreational surfacing. Facility in Corona, California. (SBE #1796271)
Contact: email@example.com or (951) 250-6039
- Reliance Carpet Eco-cushion is 100% recycled content with no chemical additives so it meets stringent indoor air quality standards. Facility in Vernon, California.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 522-5252
- Swisstrax recycles plastic and tires into multiple durable modular flooring surfaces, such as
Rubbertrax, useful in garage flooring, horse stalls, work mats, and more. Facility in Indio, California.
Contact: email@example.com or (760) 347-3330
- Terrecon makes 100% recycled rubber walkways including
Verlayo. Facility in Fountain Valley, California. (SBE #38804)
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (310) 515-5444
Tire Recycling Division makes recycled tire
aggregate and a variety of crumb rubber surfaces. Facility in West Sacramento, California.
Contact: email@example.com or (916) 371-1700
Rubber Recycling makes recycled tire content sound quality
acoustical rolled flooring underlayment,
weed abatement rolled and sheet matting, and
flooring traffic tiles. Facility in Colton, California. (SBE #1369600)
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (909) 825-1200
- United Sports Surfacing of America provides recycled tire content
tree wells, mulch, porous walkways,
playground, and sports surfaces. Facility in Irvine, California. (SBE #21285)
Contact: email@example.com or (949) 551-4696
- Van-Duerr Industries Inc./SafePath Products makes accessibility and walkway products from molded waste tires and recycled calcium carbonate (CaCO3) from carpet backing.
Product details in the TDPs catalog. Facility in Chico, California.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (530) 893-1569
Glass, Tile and Brick
- UltraGlas uses recycled glass in various applications. Facility in Chatsworth, California.
Contact: (818) 772-7744
- Fireclay makes recycled content tile, glass and brick. Facility in San Francisco, California.
Contact: (800) 773-2226
Insulation, Fiberglass (30 percent postconsumer content) and Cellulose (75 percent postconsumer content)
- UltraTouch Denim Insulation is a thermal/acoustic insulation product with an 80% post-consumer recycled content; applicable for both sound control and thermal insulating
projects. Product includes both recycled denim fibers and recycled carpet fibers from California sources. Headquarters in Chandler, Arizona.
Contact: email@example.com or (480) 812-9114
- CertainTeed makes recycled content fiber glass insulation. Facility in Chowchilla, California.
Contact: (559) 665-4831
Landscape and Lumber
- Billy Wright Landfill makes wood chips/shreds from non-treated wood waste such as tree pruning and pallets. Facility outside of Los Banos, California.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (209) 723-4481
Roads Lumber sells recycled lumber for various applications. Facility in North Fork, California.
Contact: email@example.com or (888) 842-3201
- Epic Plastics makes 100 percent recycled polyethylene landscape edging products. Facility in Lodi, California.
Contact: Cindy.Rhed@paccoast.com or (209) 333-6161
- Heritage Salvage fabricates custom furniture from vintage woods. Facility in Petaluma, California
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (707) 762-6277
- Highway 59 Landfill makes wood chips/shreds from non-treated wood waste such as tree pruning and pallets. Facility outside of Merced, California.
Contact: email@example.com or (209) 723-4481
- NorthCal Wood
Products sells reclaimed domestic and tropical woods, in addition to certified FSC® Recycled wood products. Facility in Ukiah, California.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (707) 462-0686
- Sierra Mat and Rubber Co. makes recycled tire mulch, pavers and weed control products. Facility in Modesto, California.
Contact: email@example.com or (209) 824-0341
Additional Landscaping Resources
Blending Compost into on-site Topsoil: Cost-saving Guidance
Paint (≥ 50 percent postconsumer content)
- Acrylatex Coatings and Recycling makes Life
Cycle interior/exterior recycled latex paint and Tag-Out graffiti
abatement paint. Facility in Azusa, California.
Contact: (888) 824-6880 or (626) 812-0191
Environmental makes Amazon Select recycled
Facilities in Fridley, Minnesota, Pryor, Oklahoma,
Sacramento, California, and Riverside, California.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (916) 922-0206 (Sacramento) or (951) 588-0206 (Riverside).
Dunn-Edwards sells Recover
interior/exterior recycled latex paint that conforms to
Green-Seal GS-43 standard and is manufactured by Amazon
Environmental for Dunn-Edwards. Facility in Los Angeles,
Contact: (888) 337-2468
- Visions Paint Recycling offers a
variety of interior/exterior paint products in a wide range
of colors and styles (including low-VOC paint and primer).
Facilities in Sacramento, McClellan, and Oroville,
Contact: email@example.com or (916) 564-9121 (Sacramento) or (530) 227-7138 (Oroville).
PaintCare lists locations that offer recycled paint.
Sierra Mat and Rubber Co. makes durable
recycled tire stops that last longer than concrete stops and
are easy to install. Facility in Modesto, California.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (209) 824-0341
- West Coast Rubber Recycling makes
durable and easy to install 3' or 6' parking stops that can
absorb and redistribute impact. Facility in Hollister,
Contact: email@example.com or (831) 634-2800
Pipefittings (Plastic and Metal)
- ADS makes “MEGA GREEN” HDPE pipe
offering a minimum recycled content of 40 percent.
Facilities in Alviso, Bakersfield, Benicia, Madera, and
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (419) 424-8275
Mission Rubber Company manufactures
rubber products used in sewer, drain waste and vent
applications. Recycled tire is used in the production of its
flexible pipe couplings. Facility in Corona, California.
Contact: email@example.com or (951) 479-4942.
Reuse from Deconstruction
- Demo 2 Design Building Materials sells high quality reused and vintage materials that add character to your building, including doors, windows, sinks, lighting fixtures, lumber, railing,
hardware, and vintage décor, providing customized functional structures and designs using these materials. Facility in Santa Barbara, California.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (805) 886-6865
- Greenlynx sells deconstruction reuse items such as reclaimed building materials, decor, furnishings, and appliances. Facilities in Northern California.
Contact: email@example.com or (415) 890-5880
- Recycled Movie Sets offers doors, frames, glass, mirrors, staircases, columns, jail bars, lumber, faux brick and stone sheets. Facility in Los Angeles, California.
Contact: (323) 497-9557
- Urban Ore Building Materials reuses and sells a wide array of deconstruction and dealer inventory materials including doors, windows, toilets, tubs, sinks,
cabinets, lighting, and all types of hardware. Thirty-eight employees to efficiently serve customers. Facility in Berkeley, California.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 841-7283 or (510) 914-0074
- More Reuse Building Material Sources
- CertainTeed makes recycled content roofing shingles. Located throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Contact: (510) 490-0890
- Deccofelt Corporation makes self-adhering rubber asphalt compound waterproofing membrane called
Moisture Barrier. Facility in Glendora, California.
Contact: email@example.com or (626) 963-8511
- Malarkey Roofing Products manufactures roofing shingles with upcycled material from rubber and plastics in South Gate, California.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 545-1191
- MBTechnology makes a recycled tire content torch-applied roofing membrane called
Ecotorch. Facility in Fresno, California.
Contact: email@example.com or (559) 233-2181, ext. 19
- Three D Trafficworks makes 100 percent post-consumer
tire bases and more. Facility in Burbank, California. (SBE #35120)
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (877) 843-9757
Tire-Derived Products and Buyer Case Studies
- California Manufactured Tire-Derived Products: Contains indoor and outdoor surfaces, insulating compounds, parking stops, roofing, and sealants.
- Case Studies