CalRecycle has been involved in past cleanup efforts for several large wildfires and has prepared the resources and guidance below to help residents and local governments with wildfire debris management and disposal, household hazardous waste collection and storage, and debris/ash cleanup and disposal.
- California Office of Emergency Services: Statewide Wildfire Recovery Resources
- California Environmental Protection Agency (CalEPA): Fire Response and Recovery
- California Department of Toxic Substance Control (DTSC): Wildfire Household Hazardous Waste Removal
- California Department of Public Health: Wildfire Recovery Health and Safety Resources
- California Contractors State License Board: Disaster Information Center
- California Department of Insurance: Dealing With Catastrophes--Wildfires
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA): Disaster Recovery Assistance