CalRecycle's secure, online annual reporting system makes it easy for you to submit your annual report to CalRecycle. Each state agency and large facility must submit an annual report to CalRecycle summarizing its yearly progress in meeting the 50 percent waste diversion mandate.
Due Date: The State Agency Waste Management Annual Report is due by May 1 annually.
In October 2014 Governor Brown signed AB 1826 Chesbro (Chapter 727, Statutes of 2014), requiring businesses, including State Agencies, to recycle their organic waste on and after April 1, 2016, depending on the amount of organic waste they generate per week. This law also requires that on and after January 1, 2016, local jurisdictions across the state implement an organic waste recycling program to divert organic waste generated by businesses, including State Agencies that meet the progressive thresholds. Learn more about AB 1826 and Mandatory Commercial Organics Recycling. Review the letter sent to all state agencies in August 2015.
Changes to Reporting Requirements for DAAs Starting
January 1, 2015
As of January 1, 2015 pursuant to AB 2490 (Eggman, Chapter 342, Statutes of 2014) Sections 10 and 15, California district agricultural associations (DAA) are excluded from the definition of “state agency” for purposes of the provisions in Public Resources Code Section 42926 (d). As such, DAAs are no longer required to submit an annual state agency waste management report to CalRecycle’s State Agency Reporting Center (SARC) by May 1 of each year. A full explanation of AB 2490 changes for DAAs can be found . here
While AB 2490 exempts DAAs from reporting requirements, each DAA is required to still maintain and monitor its programs and waste diversion activities to ensure adherence to the diversion requirements for State entities under AB 75 (Strom-Martin, Chapter 764, Statutes of 1999), AB 341 (Chesbro, Chapter 476, Statutes of 2011), SB 1016 (Wiggins, Chapter 343, Statutes of 2008), and PRC 42920-42926. See State Agency Laws and Regulations at for more information on diversion and recycled content purchasing requirements.
See below for information to assist you in the completion of the State Agency Waste Management Annual Report:
Tools Before You Start
- Annual Report Help Guide: This is a step-by-step user guide for the electronic reporting system.
- Annual Report Training Videos. This is a step-by-step training, instructing users how to move through the electronic reporting system.
- Annual Report Checklist: The Checklist and Report Questions are offered to help agencies prepare for the annual report.
- Diversion Programs to Report: This list of materials and program activities is offered to help agencies prepare for the annual report.
- Frequently Asked Questions: The FAQs are offered to help agencies with general questions regarding reporting information and changes in law.
- File your report by signing in to the State Agency Reporting Center system. You will need a WebPass account to access the system.
- Have questions? Contact the CalRecycle representative who is assigned to your agency.
Information About WebPass Account Passwords
- Please contact us at SARC@calrecycle.ca.gov if your agency's Recycling Coordinator did not receive information on how to set up a WebPass account. Secure access will now be based on a password that the Recycling Coordinator creates.
- If you've lost your WebPass password, please go to the WebPass home page to manage your own account.
Information About "Saving" Data In the Report
- Please select the "SAVE" button for each report section. This will retain your work, and you may return to complete or edit your report at a later time.
- Once you select the "SUBMIT" button to submit your final report, you must contact your CalRecycle representative if subsequent changes need to be made to the data.
Please contact your CalRecycle local assistance representative for individual assistance.