In the News
- California drought takes bite out of rice harvest, reducing wildlife habitat and sushi grains (US News, Oct 29, 2014)
- Representatives from UC Campuses, Research Labs Meet to Discuss Carbon Neutrality Initiative (Noozhawk Santa Barbara, Oct 28, 2014)
- DOJ Arrests Five in Recycling Fraud Case (CalRecycle, Oct 28, 2014)
- Green is the New Orange--and Black--for Halloween: CalRecycle Offers Tips for an Eek-o Friendly Halloween (CalRecycle, Sep 30, 2014)
- CalRecycle Issues $1.7 Million in Waste Tire Cleanup Grants (CalRecycle news release, Jun 10, 2014)
- CalRecycle Offers Tips to Save Water and Reduce Waste in the Garden (CalRecycle news release)
- Climate Change
CalRecycle’s Greenhouse Gas Reduction Grant Programs are key components of ARB’s AB 32 greenhouse gas reduction goals to lower air emissions that contribute to climate change, as well as the state’s goal to achieve 75 percent recycling by 2020. The grants, authorized in the recently signed 2014/15 state budget, will fund construction of new facilities, expansion of existing facilities, and equipment upgrades that allow for increased throughput of recycled materials and organics. CalRecycle anticipates awarding grants in October/November 2014
- Top 10 Tips to Cut Your Waste Down to Size
- Boles Fire Cleanup
On Sept. 15, a wildfire swept through the city of Weed, a rural community of 3,000 in Siskiyou County. CalRecycle is providing disaster recovery assistance, including the removal of nearly 19,000 tons of waste and debris so homeowners can rebuild. Follow CalRecycle’s work on our Boles Fire Cleanup page.
- California's 75 Percent Initiative
California’s new goal--recycle 75 percent of our solid waste by 2020. Join us!