CalRecycle’s Environmental Justice program benefits all Californians while supporting a healthy environment and economy. The purpose of our program is to ensure environmental justice concepts, values, and objectives are thoroughly implemented within CalRecycle programmatic activities. It is therefore important for us to learn about communities and to share information about CalRecycle resources such as grants and loans, actions such as permits, and programs like solid waste clean-up, electronic waste recycling, the beverage container recycling program, and others. CalRecycle is committed to including individuals, communities, and regulated businesses in the decision-making process. Learn more about environmental justice...
Other Helpful Resources
- CalEnviroScreen (California Communities Environmental Health Screening Tool). This screening methodology can be used to help identify California communities that are disproportionately burdened by multiple sources of pollution.
- CalEPA Environmental Justice Reports
- CalEPA Environmental Justice. Includes information on small grants and program contacts.
US EPA Environmental Justice
- US EPA EJ Mapping and Screening Tool. EJScreen is an environmental justice mapping and screening tool that provides EPA with a nationally consistent dataset and approach for combining environmental and demographic indicators.
- Identifying Violations Affecting Neighborhoods (IVAN). Learn how to report environmental issues in your community using the easy to use IVAN Online reporting tool.