LEA Grants and Loans
Farm and Ranch Solid Waste Cleanup and Abatement
- General Information
- Cycle-Specific Information
The Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery administers the Farm and Ranch (FR) Solid Waste Cleanup and Abatement Grant Program, which provides up to $1 million annually in grants for the cleanup of illegal solid waste sites on farm or ranch property.
Successful Cleanup Projects
CalRecycle has funded many successful FR cleanup projects. Information on recent cleanups is now available online.
California cities, counties, resource conservation districts and Native American tribes are eligible. Private property owners that desire grant funding to clean up their property will need to coordinate with an eligible applicant for funding.
A site may be eligible for funding if the parcel(s) is(are) zoned for agricultural use, where unauthorized solid waste disposal has occurred, and where the site(s) is(are) in need of cleanup in order to abate a nuisance or public health and safety threat and/or a threat to the environment. Sites are not eligible for funding if the site is located on property where the owner or local agency is responsible for the illegal disposal of solid waste.
The grants are limited to $50,000 per cleanup or abatement project, with a limit of $200,000 per year for each eligible applicant.
Application Due Dates: September 1, January 1, and April 1.
The application due dates have been adjusted to accommodate the transition to an online application system.
|Application Due Date||Public Meeting Month|
Application materials for fiscal year 2012/13 are now available.
Awards list only:
- FY 2011/12: FR43, FR44 and FR45 (none awarded)
- FY 2010/11: FR40, FR41 and FR42
- FY 2009/10: FR37, FR38 and FR39
- FY 2008/09: FR34, FR35, and FR36
- FY 2007/08: FR29, FR30, FR31, FR32, and FR33
- FY 2006/07: FR25, FR26, FR27, and FR28
- FY 2005/06: FR22, FR23, and FR24
- FY 2004/05: FR18, FR19, FR20, and FR21
- FY 2003/04: FR15, FR16, and FR17
- FY 2002/03: FR12, FR13, and FR14
- FY 2001/02: FR9, FR10, and FR11
- FY 2000/01: FR6, FR7, and FR8
- FY 1999/00: FR2, FR3, FR4 and FR5
- FY 1998/99: FR1
For program specific information, please contact Carla Repucci.