Local Government Designations to Approved Collectors
Regulations governing the covered electronic waste (CEW) recovery and recycling program contain a provision that allows a Local Government to Designate an Approved Collector to act on its behalf to provide specified service to the Local Government.
On March 16, 2017, new emergency regulations became effective that modified the Designation provision. The new rules are intended to establish a clearer connection between the Local Government and the Designated Approved Collector, as well as ensure that necessary information is available for the Local Government to complete annual Form 303 reporting requirements.
- Details of the recent rulemaking are available in the rulemaking.
- For more info on HHW reporting, visit the Form 303 webpage.
- Link to Local Government Designation Form 184.
- List of Approved Collectors and Recyclers. This page provides information about the participating approved collectors and recyclers and links to a search tool for finding approved participant identification numbers and contact information.
- E-Waste Updates: An E-Mail Newsletter. CalRecycle is committed to keeping stakeholders apprised of developments in its work to implement the Electronic Waste Recycling Act of 2003. CalRecycle will send out regular e-mail messages to subscribed interested parties.
- Frequently Asked Questions. Find answers to your frequently asked designation related questions.