This website provides information and links of interest to those who operate solid waste and tire facilities as well as those who inspect and regulate these facilities. Information includes upcoming and previous trainings; training resources; online training; new staff orientation; and the LEA/TEA/CalRecycle Conference.
Types of Training
- Waste Tire Manifest Training Materials: Several types of materials including a guidance manual, FAQs, and online help, particularly for the Comprehensive Trip Log (CTL), which is significantly different from the previous manifest and tire trip log forms. These materials assist businesses and government agencies in the administration of the waste tire manifest program.
- LEA/TEA/CalRecycle Conference: Provides information on upcoming and previous conferences, including; agenda; biographies; and presentations.
Tools and Resources
- Recognized Provider for Continuing Education: Information related to becoming a recognized provider for solid waste courses. Contact hours are available for many CalRecycle trainings. Please check the Training Schedule for specific courses.
- New LEA Orientation: An electronic orientation to introduce new LEAs and TEAs to CalRecycle and its programs. Also provides some handy web links.
- Fact Sheets: For use by LEAs and solid waste facility operators in conducting day-to-day operations.
Now available in both English and Spanish.
- Video Library: A library available to LEAs and TEAs. The video topics include, but are not limited to, asbestos, landfill safety, emergency response, development of closed landfills, composting, landfill inspection techniques and state minimum standards.
Training Needs Survey
CalRecycle seeks input regarding training topics through a variety of complementary strategies including surveys conducted at the LEA and TEA Roundtables, online and email surveys, post-workshop evaluation questionnaires, and discussions at Enforcement Advisory Council meetings. The feedback enables CalRecycle to prioritize training based on LEA, TEA and facility operator needs.