This page is an information resource to solid waste local enforcement agencies (LEA). CalRecycle is responsible for ensuring that State waste management programs are primarily carried out through LEAs.
LEAs have the primary responsibility for ensuring the correct operation and closure of solid waste facilities in the state. They also have responsibilities for guaranteeing the proper storage and transportation of solid wastes.
News & Activities...
- Questions and Answers: Cannabis Waste This webpage provides responses to questions regarding cannabis waste.
- Odor Best Management Practice Feasibility Report This webpage is intended to provide guidance and serve as a sample for the preparation of an odor best management practice feasibility report.
- Land Application This webpage provides local enforcement agencies and other interested parties with information regarding the land application of compostable materials and/or digestate.
- Questions and Answers: In-Vessel Digestion Regulations. This webpage provides responses to questions regarding the in-vessel digestion regulations.
- Questions and Answers: Compostable Materials Regulations. This updated webpage provides responses to questions regarding the compostable materials regulations.
- Information Sheet Tree Mortality and Emergency Transfer Processing Operations and Emergency Waivers for Solid Waste Facilities
- Environmental Justice map In an effort to bring transparency to siting facilities that handle organic materials, existing facilities are overlaid in a map with communities that are disproportionately burdened by multiple sources of pollution.