Each jurisdiction’s local enforcement agency (LEA) or enforcement agency (EA) routinely inspects active and closed landfills, transfer stations, compost operations and facilities, construction and demolition operations and facilities, and other operations and facilities. The purpose of the inspection is to identify and document compliance issues with applicable regulatory and statutory requirements.
Each LEA or EA should cite a violation if a facility or operation does not meet the regulatory or statutory requirements. The LEA or EA also has the authority to write and enforce notice and orders to require compliance with regulatory or statutory requirements at solid waste facilities and operations.
The notice and order (N&O) tool kit provides access to information and resources for writing a notice and order.
- Tools and Resources: List of different types of N&Os and a checklist.
- Enforcement Order Sample Documents: Sample notice and order compliance schedule and cease and desist order documents for a facility, notification site, or illegal site.
- Notice and Order Timeline: Timeline starting from the day the notice and order is issued and ending with final notice to CalRecycle.
- Presentations: Outlines of presentations on notice and orders and cease and desist orders.
- Regulations: Link to the CCR Title 14, Chapter 5, Section 18304.
- Enforcement Orders: Listing of solid waste facilities and disposal sites under enforcement orders.